sms problem

John White
Below is my request to diamondcard.us followed by Diamondcard's response.

On 07/24/2016 08:08 PM, John White wrote:

 I have an account with you folks, 471236.  I am trying to use ekiga 4.0.1 to
send and receive sms text messages from my personal diamondcard number,
17753139104.

 I can use ekiga to call other phones and receive calls from other phones.

I want to set up ekiga so that I can also send and receive text messages from
17753139104.   However, I see no button or place on ekiga which allows me to
send text  messages.  Do you have any suggestions?

 Thanks,

 John White

NOW HERE IS DIAMONDCARD'S RESPONSE:

Not sure how you do it with the new version. It should not be different
than the older version. Maybe send an email to the Ekiga mailing list.

Diamondcard Support

Does anyone on the ekiga list have a suggestion?

Thanks

John White

Re: sms problem

You just have to send an "instant message" to the desired [hidden email] using the text chat window.

Damien

Le lundi 25 juillet 2016 à 08:34 -0700, John White a écrit :
[...]

Damien SANDRAS

Ekiga Project
http://www.ekiga.org

Re: sms problem

John White
Thanks Damien,

I see nothing referencing something like "instant message."  I see call a
number and when I call it, the phone being called rings and I start talking to
whoever answers the phone..  What do I do to send an "instant message" to that
number?  I am missing something I fear.  Probably something pretty simple.  I
don't have a cell phone so don't know much about texting.

John

On Tuesday, July 26, 2016 09:16:42 AM Damien Sandras wrote:

> Hi,
> You just have to send an "instant message" to the desired number@diamon
> dcard using the text chat window.
> Damien
>
> Le lundi 25 juillet 2016 à 08:34 -0700, John White a écrit :
> > Below is my request to diamondcard.us followed by Diamondcard's
> > response.
> >
> > On 07/24/2016 08:08 PM, John White wrote:
> >
> >  I have an account with you folks, 471236.  I am trying to use ekiga
> > send and receive sms text messages from my personal diamondcard
> > number,
> > 17753139104.
> >
> >  I can use ekiga to call other phones and receive calls from other
> > phones.
> >
> > I want to set up ekiga so that I can also send and receive text
> > messages from
> > 17753139104.   However, I see no button or place on ekiga which
> > allows me to
> > send text  messages.  Do you have any suggestions?
> >

> >  Thanks,
> >
> >  John White
> >
> > NOW HERE IS DIAMONDCARD'S RESPONSE:
> >
> > Not sure how you do it with the new version. It should not be
> > different
> > than the older version. Maybe send an email to the Ekiga mailing
> > list.
> >
> > Diamondcard Support
> >
> > Does anyone on the ekiga list have a suggestion?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > John White

Re: sms problem

Tony Moody
Hi John,

in the Ekiga panel I see a window with Contacts part way down. In there are some names
which have been added, including Self under which is my own name , and also Services
under which are Call back test, Conference room, Echo Test.
If you Right-Click on any name in the Contacts panel you will get a menu to choose from;
Call, Message, Edit, Remove, add New Contact. I haven't used such but it give an upper
and lower panel and It looks like this would be 'me" and "you" in the im conversation.

Hope this helps.

Tony
sip:[hidden email]

On 26 Jul 2016 at 3:16, John White wrote about :
Subject : Re: [Ekiga-list] sms problem

> Thanks Damien,
>
> I see nothing referencing something like "instant message."  I see call
> number and when I call it, the phone being called rings and I start
> talking to
> whoever answers the phone..  What do I do to send an "instant message"
> to that
> number?  I am missing something I fear.  Probably something pretty
> simple.  I
> don't have a cell phone so don't know much about texting.
>
> John
>

> On Tuesday, July 26, 2016 09:16:42 AM Damien Sandras wrote:
> > Hi,
> > You just have to send an "instant message" to the desired
> number@diamon
> > dcard using the text chat window.
> > Damien
> >
> > Le lundi 25 juillet 2016 à 08:34 -0700, John White a écrit :
> > > Below is my request to diamondcard.us followed by Diamondcard's
> > > response.
> > >
> > > On 07/24/2016 08:08 PM, John White wrote:
> > >
> > >  I have an account with you folks, 471236.  I am trying to use
> ekiga
> > > send and receive sms text messages from my personal diamondcard
> > > number,
> > > 17753139104.
> > >
> > >  I can use ekiga to call other phones and receive calls from other
> > > phones.
> > >
> > > I want to set up ekiga so that I can also send and receive text
> > > messages from
> > > 17753139104.   However, I see no button or place on ekiga which
> > > allows me to
> > > send text  messages.  Do you have any suggestions?
> > >

> > >  Thanks,
> > >
> > >  John White
> > >
> > > NOW HERE IS DIAMONDCARD'S RESPONSE:
> > >
> > > Not sure how you do it with the new version. It should not be
> > > different
> > > than the older version. Maybe send an email to the Ekiga mailing
> > > list.
> > >
> > > Diamondcard Support
> > >
> > > Does anyone on the ekiga list have a suggestion?
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > >
> > > John White

Re: sms problem

See also
http://wiki.ekiga.org/index.php/Manual#Sending_instant_messages_.28chatting.29

On 26/07/16 21:13, Tony Moody wrote:

> Hi John,
>
> in the Ekiga panel I see a window with Contacts part way down. In there are some names
> which have been added, including Self under which is my own name , and also Services
> under which are Call back test, Conference room, Echo Test.
> If you Right-Click on any name in the Contacts panel you will get a menu to choose from;
> Call, Message, Edit, Remove, add New Contact. I haven't used such but it give an upper
> and lower panel and It looks like this would be 'me" and "you" in the im conversation.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Tony
> sip:[hidden email]
>
> On 26 Jul 2016 at 3:16, John White wrote about :
> Subject : Re: [Ekiga-list] sms problem
>
>> Thanks Damien,
>>
>> I see nothing referencing something like "instant message."  I see call
>> number and when I call it, the phone being called rings and I start
>> talking to
>> whoever answers the phone..  What do I do to send an "instant message"
>> to that
>> number?  I am missing something I fear.  Probably something pretty
>> simple.  I
>> don't have a cell phone so don't know much about texting.
>>
>> John
>>

>> On Tuesday, July 26, 2016 09:16:42 AM Damien Sandras wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>> You just have to send an "instant message" to the desired
>> number@diamon
>>> dcard using the text chat window.
>>> Damien

>> ekiga

Re: sms problem

John White
I enabled sms receive on my diamond card phone, which I call my "bat phone."
So when I send a text the reply shows in my email and on the diamondcard site.
But it doesn't show in the ekiga text window, probably because that number
must be a mobile (cell) number and I don't think the phone numbers diamondcard
gives out qualify as cell phone numbers.

Anyway, its pretty cool.  I can receive and send text messages without having
a cellphone.

Thanks to all for  your help.

John