single ldap entry? send/receive/pop from a queue?

single ldap entry? send/receive/pop from a queue?

THUFIR HAWAT
is it possible to "send" a single ldap entry "to" ekiga, and the return
the modified record "to" ldap?  I would like to treat the directory as a
queue.  Specifically, there should *not* be random access to the queue,
it should not be brows-able, all the agent should get is one entry at a
time.

Modifying the entry is optional.

or, maybe is ldap not right technology?  I've only really read what's on
the ekiga site about it, and a few others.

This is envisioned for a single agent, but possibly that might increase,
so that a group of agents might share a queue, but an entry would only
go to a single agent.

I was looking at:

http://wiki.ekiga.org/index.php/Manual#Add_a_remote_address_Book_.28LDAP.29

with the condition that the agent should only have access to one record
at a time.

thanks,

Thufir

Re: single ldap entry? send/receive/pop from a queue?

Eugen Dedu-2
On 18/06/14 09:32, thufir wrote:

> is it possible to "send" a single ldap entry "to" ekiga, and the return
> the modified record "to" ldap?  I would like to treat the directory as a
> queue.  Specifically, there should *not* be random access to the queue,
> it should not be brows-able, all the agent should get is one entry at a
> time.
>
> Modifying the entry is optional.
>
> or, maybe is ldap not right technology?  I've only really read what's on
> the ekiga site about it, and a few others.
>
> This is envisioned for a single agent, but possibly that might increase,
> so that a group of agents might share a queue, but an entry would only
> go to a single agent.
>

> I was looking at:
>
> http://wiki.ekiga.org/index.php/Manual#Add_a_remote_address_Book_.28LDAP.29
>
> with the condition that the agent should only have access to one record
> at a time.

I think you have to look at LDAP, if it allows one entry at a time.  I
do not see how ekiga could help here, sorry.

Re: single ldap entry? send/receive/pop from a queue?

Julien PUYDT
Hi,

Le 24/06/2014 15:39, Eugen Dedu a écrit :

> On 18/06/14 09:32, thufir wrote:
>> is it possible to "send" a single ldap entry "to" ekiga, and the return
>> the modified record "to" ldap?  I would like to treat the directory as a
>> queue.  Specifically, there should *not* be random access to the queue,
>> it should not be brows-able, all the agent should get is one entry at a
>> time.
>>
>> Modifying the entry is optional.
>>
>> or, maybe is ldap not right technology?  I've only really read what's on
>> the ekiga site about it, and a few others.
>>
>> This is envisioned for a single agent, but possibly that might increase,
>> so that a group of agents might share a queue, but an entry would only
>> go to a single agent.
>>

>> I was looking at:
>>
>> http://wiki.ekiga.org/index.php/Manual#Add_a_remote_address_Book_.28LDAP.29
>>
>> with the condition that the agent should only have access to one record
>> at a time.
>
> I think you have to look at LDAP, if it allows one entry at a time.  I
> do not see how ekiga could help here, sorry.

In fact, you could write a plugin to handle that. Ekiga's organisation
makes it quite straightforward.

Snark on #ekiga

On 25/06/14 08:33, Julien Puydt wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Le 24/06/2014 15:39, Eugen Dedu a écrit :
>> On 18/06/14 09:32, thufir wrote:
>>> is it possible to "send" a single ldap entry "to" ekiga, and the return
>>> the modified record "to" ldap?  I would like to treat the directory as a
>>> queue.  Specifically, there should *not* be random access to the queue,
>>> it should not be brows-able, all the agent should get is one entry at a
>>> time.
>>>
>>> Modifying the entry is optional.
>>>
>>> or, maybe is ldap not right technology?  I've only really read what's on
>>> the ekiga site about it, and a few others.
>>>
>>> This is envisioned for a single agent, but possibly that might increase,
>>> so that a group of agents might share a queue, but an entry would only
>>> go to a single agent.
>>>

>>> I was looking at:
>>>
>>> http://wiki.ekiga.org/index.php/Manual#Add_a_remote_address_Book_.28LDAP.29
>>>

>>> with the condition that the agent should only have access to one record
>>> at a time.
>>
>> I think you have to look at LDAP, if it allows one entry at a time.  I
>> do not see how ekiga could help here, sorry.
>
> In fact, you could write a plugin to handle that. Ekiga's organisation
> makes it quite straightforward.

Just to say that this would prevent ekiga to browse LDAP entries, for
ex., but it does not prevent people to use another (simple) program to
do whatever they wish with the LDAP server.