sending outbound call through freepbx

Steve Spence
I can send an outbound call from ekiga through my freepbx server, if
the contact is in the format of sip:xxxxxxxxxx@0.0.0.0 where the @ is
followed by the ip of my freepbx server, and the x's are the 10 digit
phone number of the person I'm calling. Is there any way to preset the
@ipaddress part so users won't have to input that when making an
outbound call?

Steve Spence, KK4HFJ
Http://arduinotronics.blogspot.com

Re: sending outbound call through freepbx

Eugen Dedu-2
On 14/02/18 15:55, Steve Spence wrote:
> I can send an outbound call from ekiga through my freepbx server, if
> the contact is in the format of sip:xxxxxxxxxx@0.0.0.0 where the @ is
> followed by the ip of my freepbx server, and the x's are the 10 digit
> phone number of the person I'm calling. Is there any way to preset the
> @ipaddress part so users won't have to input that when making an
> outbound call?

Hi Steve,

No, it is not possible, sorry.  Several people asked for this feature...

Kind regards,

Re: sending outbound call through freepbx

Steve Spence
Interesting. As an aside, Zoiper handles this just fine. only the 10
digit number needs to be entered.

On Wed, Feb 14, 2018 at 12:09 PM, Eugen Dedu <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 14/02/18 15:55, Steve Spence wrote:
>>
>> I can send an outbound call from ekiga through my freepbx server, if
>> the contact is in the format of sip:xxxxxxxxxx@0.0.0.0 where the @ is
>> followed by the ip of my freepbx server, and the x's are the 10 digit
>> phone number of the person I'm calling. Is there any way to preset the
>> @ipaddress part so users won't have to input that when making an
>> outbound call?
>

> Hi Steve,
>
> No, it is not possible, sorry.  Several people asked for this feature...
>
> Kind regards,
> --
> Eugen

Re: sending outbound call through freepbx

Stuart Gathman
On 02/14/2018 09:55 AM, Steve Spence wrote:
> I can send an outbound call from ekiga through my freepbx server, if
> the contact is in the format of sip:xxxxxxxxxx@0.0.0.0 where the @ is
> followed by the ip of my freepbx server, and the x's are the 10 digit
> phone number of the person I'm calling. Is there any way to preset the
> @ipaddress part so users won't have to input that when making an
> outbound call?
It works for me on ekiga-4.0.1 with a domain (sip.diamondcard.us) - I
set up an account, and contacts are of the form "sip:18001234567".  This
is a feature of ekiga that I really like.  When I right click on a
contact, the popup shows configured accounts to complete the sip address.
Have you tried creating an account?  Maybe you need to add a name in
/etc/hosts ?  Is the problem that freepbx does do registration, and you
are making a peer to peer call?

I use IPs for direct peer to peer calls, normally with IP6 (which ekiga
doesn't currently support - I use linphone for that).

Re: sending outbound call through freepbx

Steve Spence
I'm using a local freepbx server, so I set up a sip account to my
server which is extension number and password. my server ip is
specified in the account setup, and i'm registered.