problems

VeryMary L
maybe the screenshot was too big so I'll write: please could you help me with Ekiga which is not running anymore as this message appears when I open it? "Ekiga did not manage to configure your network settings automatically. You can still use it, but you need to configure your network setting manually" which is not true, because I tried to configure it but my account can't register anymore

Re: problems

Eugen Dedu-2
On 05/11/15 00:31, VeryMary L wrote:
> maybe the screenshot was too big so I'll write: please could you help me with Ekiga which is not running anymore as this message appears when I open it? "Ekiga did not manage to configure your network settings automatically. You can still use it, but you need to configure your network setting manually" which is not true, because I tried to configure it but my account can't register anymore

This means that the network (for ex. your router) does some changes that
Ekiga cannot cope.  Look at
http://wiki.ekiga.org/index.php/Manual#Using_Ekiga_with_routers_and_firewalls,
symmetric nat part.

You said that Ekiga worked before.  Are you sure?  I suppose that the
network has not changed recently...

Finally, try checking on or off in
Preferences->General->GeneralSettings->Network detection, and restart
ekiga and see if it works.

Re: problems

VeryMary L
yes, it used to work before, I used to talk to people through it.
I tried checking off in Network detection, which was on, and restarted ekiga: that message didn't appear anymore, but my accounts are blocked anyway, it says: "could not register (remote party host is offline)"

> To: [hidden email]

> From: [hidden email]
> Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2015 17:53:31 +0100
> Subject: Re: [Ekiga-list] problems
>
> On 05/11/15 00:31, VeryMary L wrote:
> > maybe the screenshot was too big so I'll write: please could you help me with Ekiga which is not running anymore as this message appears when I open it? "Ekiga did not manage to configure your network settings automatically. You can still use it, but you need to configure your network setting manually" which is not true, because I tried to configure it but my account can't register anymore
>
> This means that the network (for ex. your router) does some changes that
> Ekiga cannot cope. Look at
> http://wiki.ekiga.org/index.php/Manual#Using_Ekiga_with_routers_and_firewalls,
> symmetric nat part.
>
> You said that Ekiga worked before. Are you sure? I suppose that the
> network has not changed recently...
>
> Finally, try checking on or off in
> Preferences->General->GeneralSettings->Network detection, and restart
> ekiga and see if it works.
>
> --
> Eugen

Re: problems

Eugen Dedu-2
Ok.  Then check it on.

The question is what happened to your network, since it worked before?
Have you modified it?!

On 05/11/15 22:14, VeryMary L wrote:

> yes, it used to work before, I used to talk to people through it.
> I tried checking off in Network detection, which was on, and restarted ekiga: that message didn't appear anymore, but my accounts are blocked anyway, it says: "could not register (remote party host is offline)"
>

>> To: [hidden email]
>> From: [hidden email]
>> Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2015 17:53:31 +0100
>> Subject: Re: [Ekiga-list] problems
>>
>> On 05/11/15 00:31, VeryMary L wrote:
>>> maybe the screenshot was too big so I'll write: please could you help me with Ekiga which is not running anymore as this message appears when I open it? "Ekiga did not manage to configure your network settings automatically. You can still use it, but you need to configure your network setting manually" which is not true, because I tried to configure it but my account can't register anymore
>>
>> This means that the network (for ex. your router) does some changes that
>> Ekiga cannot cope.  Look at
>> http://wiki.ekiga.org/index.php/Manual#Using_Ekiga_with_routers_and_firewalls,
>> symmetric nat part.
>>
>> You said that Ekiga worked before.  Are you sure?  I suppose that the
>> network has not changed recently...
>>
>> Finally, try checking on or off in
>> Preferences->General->GeneralSettings->Network detection, and restart
>> ekiga and see if it works.

Re: problems

VeryMary L
I don't even know how to modify a network, let alone router&co XD I have recently moved, but ekiga wasn't working properly even before - in fact that message first appeared while I was still home