missing pics and no calls

David Backer
Hello, this is my first time using anything
voip, so please be forgiving,
I got an account on ekiga and I tried to do
an echo test. The window opend and closed.
I tried to contact you and again, the contact
window opened and closed.
I don't understand what's going on.
Also many pictures don't display, or rather,
they show the broken image picture.
I'm useing gentoo ekiga version 4.0.0

Thanks

Re: missing pics and no calls

Genghis Khan
Hello,

Do you have gnome-icon-theme installed?

Please send log of $ ekiga -d 4 2>output.txt.
Remember to compress output.txt (e.g. using Gzip).

See http://wiki.ekiga.org/index.php/Debugging_Ekiga

> Sent: Tuesday, March 17, 2015 at 11:16 PM
> From: "David Backer" <[hidden email]>
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: [Ekiga-list] missing pics and no calls
>
> Hello, this is my first time using anything
> voip, so please be forgiving,
> I got an account on ekiga and I tried to do
> an echo test. The window opend and closed.
> I tried to contact you and again, the contact
> window opened and closed.
> I don't understand what's going on.
> Also many pictures don't display, or rather,
> they show the broken image picture.
> I'm useing gentoo ekiga version 4.0.0
>
> Thanks

Ekiga 5.0 - The Next Big Thing
http://www.ekiga.org/news/2015-03-08/ekiga-5.0-next-big-thing

Ekiga 5 – Progress Report
http://blog.ekiga.net/?p=201

Are you interested in helping?
Ekiga needs you!

Re: missing pics and no calls

David Backer
I'm not going to compress this it's so short (ekiga -d8):

##############################
XCAP error: Unauthorized
<A>bort, <C>ore dump, <I>gnore?
(ekiga:17532): GLib-CRITICAL **: Source ID 4294967295 was not found when attempting to remove it

(ekiga:17532): CLib-CRITICAL **: Source ID 4294967295 was not found when attempting to remove it
##############################

This was made when trying to do one echo test and
one call back test.
I do have gnom-icon-theme installed and I reinstalled
it just in case, but there are still not icons, except
the broken one, present, and the red and green phone ones.
As this seems to be a permissions problem the I'm
running as a normal user un a gentoo system that's
up to date, groups that I belong to are:
myself, games, video, cdrw, users, plugdev, cdrom,
wheel, and lp.

THanks, David

Re: missing pics and no calls

Eugen Dedu-2
On 21/03/15 19:43, David Backer wrote:

> I'm not going to compress this it's so short (ekiga -d8):
>
> ##############################
> XCAP error: Unauthorized
> <A>bort, <C>ore dump, <I>gnore?
> (ekiga:17532): GLib-CRITICAL **: Source ID 4294967295 was not found when attempting to remove it
>
> (ekiga:17532): CLib-CRITICAL **: Source ID 4294967295 was not found when attempting to remove it
> ##############################
>
> This was made when trying to do one echo test and
> one call back test.

The error comes from XCAP.  XCAP is an experimental module of ekiga.  It
should not be used when building ekiga.  I do not know if the
responsability for this is gentoo or us (should we still allow building
non working modules?)

Anyway, just remove, as root, the libgmxcap.so file installed by ekiga
package, put usually at /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/ekiga/4.0.1/plugins.

And restart ekiga.

> I do have gnom-icon-theme installed and I reinstalled
> it just in case, but there are still not icons, except
> the broken one, present, and the red and green phone ones.
> As this seems to be a permissions problem the I'm
> running as a normal user un a gentoo system that's
> up to date, groups that I belong to are:
> myself, games, video, cdrw, users, plugdev, cdrom,
> wheel, and lp.

This is surely a gentoo problem, and we do not use gentoo, would you
mind you contact gentoo packager of ekiga?

Cheers,

Re: missing pics and no calls

David Backer
<snip>
> The error comes from XCAP. XCAP is an experimental module of ekiga. It
> should not be used when building ekiga. I do not know if the
> responsability for this is gentoo or us (should we still allow building
> non working modules?)
>
> Anyway, just remove, as root, the libgmxcap.so file installed by ekiga
> package, put usually at /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/ekiga/4.0.1/plugins.

You could/should put a warning in the use flag.

> And restart ekiga.
>
>> I do have gnom-icon-theme installed and I reinstalled
>> it just in case, but there are still not icons, except
>> the broken one, present, and the red and green phone ones.
>> As this seems to be a permissions problem the I'm
>> running as a normal user un a gentoo system that's
>> up to date, groups that I belong to are:
>> myself, games, video, cdrw, users, plugdev, cdrom,
>> wheel, and lp.
>
> This is surely a gentoo problem, and we do not use gentoo, would you
> mind you contact gentoo packager of ekiga?

I'll contact them.