how to put server address in all calls ?

how to put server address in all calls ?

Cesar Souza
Hi, folks

Here at our company there is a SIP server at 192.168.1.42
I am trying to call an internal phone, lets say 201, so I press 201 and Ekiga starts to call sip:201
But this doesn't work! Ekiga should put our server address in the end:
[hidden email] (this works)

I have just one account (our server)
So how can I set Ekiga to allways put the server address ?

The strange thing is that if I go to the history calls and click on sip:201, it starts to call the full address: [hidden email]

thank you for your help
my regards

Re: how to put server address in all calls ?

Eugen Dedu-2
On 21/05/15 02:52, Cesar Souza wrote:

> Hi, folks
>
> Here at our company there is a SIP server at 192.168.1.42
> I am trying to call an internal phone, lets say 201, so I press 201 and
> Ekiga starts to call sip:201
> But this doesn't work! Ekiga should put our server address in the end:
> sip:201@192.168.1.42 (this works)
>
> I have just one account (our server)
> So how can I set Ekiga to allways put the server address ?
>
> The strange thing is that if I go to the history calls and click on
> sip:201, it starts to call the full address: sip:201@192.168.1.42

Currently, the host part is mandatory when calling.  When you press 201,
the URL edit box shows a popup where you can choose the registrar
(192.168.1.42 in your case), and you can choose it.  Do you see it?
Isn't this sufficient for you?

Re: how to put server address in all calls ?

Cesar Souza
Hi Eugen

"When you press 201, the URL edit box shows a popup where you can choose the registrar"

I tryed the versions 3.9.90 and 4.0.1 and Ekiga didn't show the popup.
I think would be better add a default SIP server when there is no @ at the SIP address.
We are trying to use Ekiga to call normal phones, so will be a problem to always type @192.168.1.42
Probably this is an useful feature to companies with a SIP server.