help needed to configure ekiga

Art

help needed to configure ekiga

Art
Hi All,

I tried to run ekiga last year and had no positive results. I did see an
updated ekiga (now ver 4) and I installed it right away. I already had a
sip address from my previous try at running ekiga.

But, ekiga won't recognize that account. I obtained a second account
today, but ekiga won't recognize that account either. I did receive the
email from ekiga.net confirming that the new account had been activated.

Right now, the only think the program does is say 'processing...' when I
look at the account information. I've tried a bunch of different things,
and nothing works-I get the same error.

What do I need to do to make ekiga work???

TIA.

Art

Re: help needed to configure ekiga

Where did you get Ekiga from ?
That's abnormal...
Perhaps you could put a -d4 output somewhere.

Le 07/01/14 05:40, Art a écrit :
Hi All,

I tried to run ekiga last year and had no positive results. I did see an updated ekiga (now ver 4) and I installed it right away. I already had a sip address from my previous try at running ekiga.

But, ekiga won't recognize that account. I obtained a second account today, but ekiga won't recognize that account either. I did receive the email from ekiga.net confirming that the new account had been activated.

Right now, the only think the program does is say 'processing...' when I look at the account information. I've tried a bunch of different things, and nothing works-I get the same error.

What do I need to do to make ekiga work???

TIA.

Art

Damien SANDRAS

Ekiga Project
http://www.ekiga.org

Art

Re: help needed to configure ekiga

Art
Hi Damien,

I got ekiga from the software center.

I am running 13.10 gnome 3 with dual soundcards-but the soundcard selection makes no difference.

The same hardware runs skype and google voice, but I really want to get away from them both if possible.

The software says its ver 4.0.1.

I'd be glad to post a -d4 output, but I don't know what it is. I found it in the ekiga man file, and started ekiga from the terminal with an 'ekiga -d4', not sure where to find the log file with the debugging output in it.

I'll poke around and post it if I can find out where to get the file from.

Thanks so much for replying, I appreciate it very much.

Art

Hi,

Le 07/01/14 05:40, Art a écrit :
[...]

Ilya Melnikov

http://wiki.ekiga.org/index.php/Debugging_Ekiga#How_to_get_a_debug_output

--
Ilya Melnikov
Art

Re: help needed to configure ekiga

Art
Output of -d 4 is at:

http://pastebin.com/dNYCtm6p

Art

Art

Re: help needed to configure ekiga

Art
I have uploaded the screenshots showing the account info to:

http://imagebin.org/285798 and http://imagebin.org/285799

--
Ilya Melnikov

Le 09/01/14 03:55, Art a écrit :
I have uploaded the screenshots showing the account info to:

http://imagebin.org/285798 and http://imagebin.org/285799

The Ekiga.net account does not register because you are behind a NAT. See http://wiki.ekiga.org for troubleshooting. NAT is a complex matter and it is not well handled by Ekiga currently :(

The second account does not register because your username/authentication username/password combination is wrong.

Damien SANDRAS

Ekiga Project
http://www.ekiga.org

Art

Re: help needed to configure ekiga

Art
Hi all,

I just wanted to drop a message to the list, reporting that I had installed and tested ekiga successfully.  I do not know why the original installation (asus mobo desktop running xubuntu 13.10) put out a single line -d 4 file though and why it refused to allow my registration.

I needed a new ubuntu installation anyway, so I installed ubuntu in another partition (this time in xubuntu 12.04). Within 2 minutes of downloading ekiga, I had it running without errors on the new partition. I also installed it in my Dell laptop (Dell 15 Inspiron, xubuntu 12.04), and it fired up and ran without difficulty. I didn't do anything different, and the reason why the first install attempt failed is a mystery.

I've stopped using skype now, which gives me great joy. Thanks to all who made technical suggestions via this list.

Art