ghost calls from 1000 and 1002

Tony Moody
'Morning All,

Ghost calls from 1000 and 1002

Could it be a 'Callback' from a test a few days ago?

In the past few days I have received a few calls from first  sip:1000@1xx.1.1xx.2x and then
sip:1002@1xx.1.1xx.2x . The url here is in fact from my service supplier and is actually my own
url . I'm not sure how dangerous it would be to disclose to the world so I have obfuscated it
(lovely word).

I don't use Ekiga much but have recently re-invoked it and been fiddling with it a bit here by
myself.

The nature of the incoming call is Ekiga rings and rings and rings. No Voice and Cannot 'put
down' ie the red phone is inactive. I think all buttons are greyed out.

Eventually i had to go to Task Manager and kill Ekiga there. (Windows XP)

OK,
Tony

Re: ghost calls from 1000 and 1002

Saul A. Peebsen
On Thu, 11 Aug 2016 08:46:21 +0200
"Tony Moody" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> 'Morning All,
>
> Ghost calls from 1000 and 1002

Had similar issue.

> Could it be a 'Callback' from a test a few days ago?

That's what I thought, but it is not.

> In the past few days I have received a few calls from first
> sip:1000@1xx.1.1xx.2x and then sip:1002@1xx.1.1xx.2x . The url here
> is in fact from my service supplier and is actually my own url . I'm
> not sure how dangerous it would be to disclose to the world so I have
> obfuscated it (lovely word).

Sounds familiar.

I posted here and i was told call blocking will be added as a feature
in next version of Ekiga.

--
Cheers, Saul

Re: ghost calls from 1000 and 1002

Tony Moody
This seems to fit our ghost incoming call.
http://blog.sipvicious.org/2012/12/if-sipvicious-gives-you-ring.html

Food for thought. But what action to be taken?

Tony

Subject : Re: [Ekiga-list] ghost calls from 1