ekiga.net Could not register (Globally not acceptable)

ekiga.net Could not register (Globally not acceptable)

Mark Smith
It has been several years since I was able to use my ekiga.net account.
On the account status I get

ekiga.net Could not register (Globally not acceptable)

There is also an error message telling me that I need to manually
configure port forwarding. However, I also have an account on iptel and
ideasip. I have not had problems with them. Also, I have tried changing
the port forwarding parameters with no success.

It used to work, but something changed. A debug output is attached.

Thanks

output.txt.gz (34K) Download Attachment

Re: ekiga.net Could not register (Globally not acceptable)

Eugen Dedu
On 14/06/14 20:56, Mark Smith wrote:

> It has been several years since I was able to use my ekiga.net account.
> On the account status I get
>
> ekiga.net Could not register (Globally not acceptable)
>
> There is also an error message telling me that I need to manually
> configure port forwarding. However, I also have an account on iptel and
> ideasip. I have not had problems with them. Also, I have tried changing
> the port forwarding parameters with no success.
>
> It used to work, but something changed. A debug output is attached.

You are now behind a symmetric NAT (i.e. the error message about port
forwarding), which is not well taken into account by ekiga.  Your output
contains:

2014/06/14 13:42:58.722  0:02.866 StunDetect...f2da08d700 OPAL STUN
server "stun.ekiga.net" replies Symmetric NAT ...

Something has recently changed in your network configuration, either you
or your Internet provider.  Do you know anything about that?

ekiga.net Could not register (Globally not acceptable)

Mark Smith
Resend: Christian sent me a message saying that when I originally sent
this it ended up in his spam folder. Did this happen on other accounts
also? I have not gotten any feedback on my question.

Thanks

It has been several years since I was able to use my ekiga.net account.
On the account status I get

ekiga.net Could not register (Globally not acceptable)

There is also an error message telling me that I need to manually
configure port forwarding. However, I also have an account on iptel and
ideasip. I have not had problems with them. Also, I have tried changing
the port forwarding parameters with no success.

It used to work, but something changed. A debug output is attached.

Thanks

output.txt.gz (34K) Download Attachment

Re: ekiga.net Could not register (Globally not acceptable)

Eugen Dedu-2
On 21/06/14 17:39, Mark Smith wrote:

> Resend: Christian sent me a message saying that when I originally sent
> this it ended up in his spam folder. Did this happen on other accounts
> also? I have not gotten any feedback on my question.
>
> Thanks
>
> It has been several years since I was able to use my ekiga.net account.
> On the account status I get
>
> ekiga.net Could not register (Globally not acceptable)
>
> There is also an error message telling me that I need to manually
> configure port forwarding. However, I also have an account on iptel and
> ideasip. I have not had problems with them. Also, I have tried changing
> the port forwarding parameters with no success.
>
> It used to work, but something changed. A debug output is attached.

I answered you, see
https://mail.gnome.org/archives/ekiga-list/2014-June/msg00003.html.

[...]

Eugen,

Thanks for the note. I am running Fedora and it is possible that the firewall configuration has changed when I have
updated versions. But I have internet access complicated by use of an ooma VOIP device. I have the ooma device connected
to the cable modem and then a wireless router connected to the ooma. I am running ddwrt on the router. Do you have any
suggestions of how to find where the symmetric NAT is occurring?

Thanks,
Mark