can ekiga free provide a vedeoconference to 4 persons at the same time

can ekiga free provide a vedeoconference to 4 persons at the same time

Ekiga General mailing list
Hi everyone,
I we are 4 personnes in different houses with windows version me included and we want to talk and see each other (like having  the 4 faces simultaneously for a group talk. Can ekiga do this?

Also we are searching for a freeware that is secure (no hacking no data collecting etc so no skype no fb.. how safe is ekiga really

thx

If you have suggestion , they are welcome!

Re: can ekiga free provide a vedeoconference to 4 persons at the same time

Ekiga General mailing list

Re: can ekiga free provide a vedeoconference to 4 persons at the same time

John Stegenga

www.globalmeet.com. It’s not free, but it’s secure as hell.

On 16/08/18 22:55, A Human via ekiga-list wrote:
> Hi everyone,
> I we are 4 personnes in different houses with windows version me included
> and we want to talk and see each other (like having  the 4 faces
> simultaneously for a group talk. Can ekiga do this?

Hi,

Ekiga does not support by itself this, you need to relay on other
software to mix videos.

> Also we are searching for a freeware that is secure (no hacking no data
> collecting etc so no skype no fb.. how safe is ekiga really

The current release of ekiga is not secure, I mean it does not encrypt
communication.

Kind regards,

Re: can ekiga free provide a vedeoconference to 4 persons at the same time

Ekiga General mailing list
do you know afreeware that does this
?
do you know tox tried it

On 16/08/18 22:55, A Human via ekiga-list wrote:
Hi everyone,
I we are 4 personnes in different houses with windows version me included
and we want to talk and see each other (like having  the 4 faces
simultaneously for a group talk. Can ekiga do this?

Hi,

Ekiga does not support by itself this, you need to relay on other software to mix videos.

Also we are searching for a freeware that is secure (no hacking no data
collecting etc so no skype no fb.. how safe is ekiga really

The current release of ekiga is not secure, I mean it does not encrypt communication.

Kind regards,

Re: can ekiga free provide a vedeoconference to 4 persons at the same time

Ekiga General mailing list
hi everyone,
i know it is not a tox mail list  but since i have been seaching this info since a cople of months

Does anyone know TOXand if it is

stable
secure
allow 4 persons to do video conference at the same time (in a same room )
free
we all use windows versions 7 and 10

do you know afreeware that does this
?
do you know tox tried it

On 16/08/18 22:55, A Human via ekiga-list wrote:
Hi everyone,
I we are 4 personnes in different houses with windows version me included
and we want to talk and see each other (like having  the 4 faces
simultaneously for a group talk. Can ekiga do this?

Hi,

Ekiga does not support by itself this, you need to relay on other software to mix videos.

Also we are searching for a freeware that is secure (no hacking no data
collecting etc so no skype no fb.. how safe is ekiga really

The current release of ekiga is not secure, I mean it does not encrypt communication.

Kind regards,

Re: can ekiga free provide a vedeoconference to 4 persons at the same time

Willamowius

a free MCU to mix video streams would be OpenMCU-ru:
https://videoswitch.ru/eng.htm

To encrypt Ekiga's media streams you can run it behind a GNU
Gatekeeeper and let it encrypt the media channels before they go out
over the internet.

Regards,
Jan

--
Jan Willamowius, Founder of the GNU Gatekeeper Project
EMail  : [hidden email]

Relaxed Communications GmbH
Frahmredder 91
22393 Hamburg
Geschäftsführer: Jan Willamowius
HRB 125261 (Amtsgericht Hamburg)
USt-IdNr: DE286003584

Re: can ekiga free provide a vedeoconference to 4 persons at the same time

Ekiga General mailing list
HI can you explain me in concrete what it means?
to do this, does it require high skills?
HOw long should it take?

[...]

You need to install both OpenMCU-ru and GNU Gatekeeper on your own
server and configure them. And yes, that does require some skills.

A Human via ekiga-list wrote:

> HI can you explain me in concrete what it means?
> to do this, does it require high skills?
> HOw long should it take?

> > Hi,
> >
> > a free MCU to mix video streams would be OpenMCU-ru:
> > https://videoswitch.ru/eng.htm
> >
> > To encrypt Ekiga's media streams you can run it behind a GNU
> > Gatekeeeper and let it encrypt the media channels before they go out
> > over the internet.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Jan
> >
> > --
> > Jan Willamowius, Founder of the GNU Gatekeeper Project
> > EMail  : [hidden email]
> > Website: https://www.gnugk.org
> > Support: https://www.willamowius.com/gnugk-support.html
> >
> > Relaxed Communications GmbH
> > Frahmredder 91
> > 22393 Hamburg
> > Geschäftsführer: Jan Willamowius
> > HRB 125261 (Amtsgericht Hamburg)
> > USt-IdNr: DE286003584

Jan Willamowius, [hidden email], https://www.gnugk.org/

How to enable instant messaging?

Ekiga General mailing list
Newbie here.

I am unable to make instant messaging work.
The help file says to click on chat , and then connect.
But connect is grayed out.

The Tip says this only works if the protocol associated with the user permits it.
If this is the problem, how do I configure the necessary protocol?

Thanks!

Bob