Window-size settings and picture-in-picture

Window-size settings and picture-in-picture

Dennis Nezic-2
In fullscreen mode, there is no way to move the picture-in-picture to a
different corner, or to disable it, so it will always cut off the
bottom-left corner.

Also, I think the call window should respect the user's geometry
settings, and allow for more scaling options than simply 1x and 2x. In
many cases, 2x is still to small for me. Also, if my video settings
have a different size than the negotiated size settings of a call, the
window size will bounce between the two sizes when pausing/resuming and
disorganize my desktop. Both of these issues could be solved if all
videos simply scaled to whatever size window the user prefers.

Re: Window-size settings and picture-in-picture

Damien Sandras
Le 18/03/14 00:31, Dennis New a écrit :
In fullscreen mode, there is no way to move the picture-in-picture to a
different corner, or to disable it, so it will always cut off the
bottom-left corner.

This is currently not possible.
Also, I think the call window should respect the user's geometry
settings, and allow for more scaling options than simply 1x and 2x. In
many cases, 2x is still to small for me. Also, if my video settings
have a different size than the negotiated size settings of a call, the
window size will bounce between the two sizes when pausing/resuming and
disorganize my desktop. Both of these issues could be solved if all
videos simply scaled to whatever size window the user prefers.

However, this is already implemented as a new feature in our master branch.

Damien SANDRAS

Ekiga Project
http://www.ekiga.org

On Tue, 18 Mar 2014 13:10:45 +0100, Damien Sandras wrote:
> Le 18/03/14 00:31, Dennis New a écrit :
> > In fullscreen mode, there is no way to move the picture-in-picture
> > to a different corner, or to disable it, so it will always cut off
> > the bottom-left corner.
>
> This is currently not possible.

Why not? :p If it's possible to overlay a picture-in-picture, wouldn't
it be possible not to? :p The changing of it's placement doesn't have
to occur in real-time -- additional settings to control it's location
(and size) would also be satisfactory.

Le 18/03/14 14:18, Dennis New a écrit :
On Tue, 18 Mar 2014 13:10:45 +0100, Damien Sandras wrote:
Le 18/03/14 00:31, Dennis New a écrit :
In fullscreen mode, there is no way to move the picture-in-picture
to a different corner, or to disable it, so it will always cut off
the bottom-left corner.
This is currently not possible.
Why not? :p If it's possible to overlay a picture-in-picture, wouldn't
it be possible not to? :p The changing of it's placement doesn't have
to occur in real-time -- additional settings to control it's location
(and size) would also be satisfactory.
I didn't mean it is impossible to do. It is simply not implemented yet :)

Feel free to propose a patch on master if you have the time to. If not, you can  report it as a suggestion on bugzilla.gnome.org so that we do not forget.

Thanks,

Damien SANDRAS

Ekiga Project
http://www.ekiga.org