Video wont show on Netmeeting coming from Gnomemeeting

Video wont show on Netmeeting coming from Gnomemeeting

Benedek Frank
Hi

WHen I make a connection to a Windows XP with Netmeeting, the audio is great,
but the Video from my Gnomemeeting to the Netmeeting doesnt show up. I dont
send BIG video, and also I disabled h245 tunneling. All the ports are open
(1720 and 30000-30010) but still nothing. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Ben

Re: Video wont show on Netmeeting coming from Gnomemeeting

What's the content of your general history?
Is the Netmeeting behind NAT?

Le vendredi 03 juin 2005 à 13:17 +0200, Benedek Frank a écrit :

> Hi
>
> WHen I make a connection to a Windows XP with Netmeeting, the audio is great,
> but the Video from my Gnomemeeting to the Netmeeting doesnt show up. I dont
> send BIG video, and also I disabled h245 tunneling. All the ports are open
> (1720 and 30000-30010) but still nothing. What am I doing wrong?
>
> Thanks
>
> Ben
 _      Damien Sandras
(o-     GnomeMeeting: http://www.gnomemeeting.org/
//\     FOSDEM 2005 : http://www.fosdem.org
v_/_    H.323 phone : callto:ils.seconix.com/[hidden email]

On Friday 03 June 2005 13:22, Damien Sandras wrote:
> Hi,
>
> What's the content of your general history?
> Is the Netmeeting behind NAT?

One netmeeting is over in Japan that I tried to call, and it has a DMZ
(crazily unsafe) forwarding to it, so it is wide open . BUt of course there
still is a Windows SP2 firewall. What ports do I need to pay attention with
that?

One more netmeeting is on my private LAN, but again, protected with SP2
firewall, same scenerrio.

Thanks for helping and I didnt understand the general history question.

Ben

> Le vendredi 03 juin 2005 à 13:17 +0200, Benedek Frank a écrit :
> > Hi
> >
> > WHen I make a connection to a Windows XP with Netmeeting, the audio is
> > great, but the Video from my Gnomemeeting to the Netmeeting doesnt show
> > up. I dont send BIG video, and also I disabled h245 tunneling. All the
> > ports are open (1720 and 30000-30010) but still nothing. What am I doing
> > wrong?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Ben

Re: Video wont show on Netmeeting coming from Gnomemeeting

Damien Sandras
Le vendredi 03 juin 2005 à 13:28 +0200, Benedek Frank a écrit :

> On Friday 03 June 2005 13:22, Damien Sandras wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > What's the content of your general history?
> > Is the Netmeeting behind NAT?
>
> One netmeeting is over in Japan that I tried to call, and it has a DMZ
> (crazily unsafe) forwarding to it, so it is wide open . BUt of course there
> still is a Windows SP2 firewall. What ports do I need to pay attention with
> that?
>
> One more netmeeting is on my private LAN, but again, protected with SP2
> firewall, same scenerrio.

Netmeeting is opening totally random ports, so it is impossible to open
a few ports only like with netmeeting.

> Thanks for helping and I didnt understand the general history question.

Tools->General History

But I guess it is a firewall problem :-/

On Friday 03 June 2005 13:35, Damien Sandras wrote:

> Le vendredi 03 juin 2005 à 13:28 +0200, Benedek Frank a écrit :
> > On Friday 03 June 2005 13:22, Damien Sandras wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > What's the content of your general history?
> > > Is the Netmeeting behind NAT?
> >
> > One netmeeting is over in Japan that I tried to call, and it has a DMZ
> > (crazily unsafe) forwarding to it, so it is wide open . BUt of course
> > there still is a Windows SP2 firewall. What ports do I need to pay
> > attention with that?
> >
> > One more netmeeting is on my private LAN, but again, protected with SP2
> > firewall, same scenerrio.
>
> Netmeeting is opening totally random ports, so it is impossible to open
> a few ports only like with netmeeting.

Hi

Yes you were totally right. When I disabled the firewall on the netmeeting,
the video started to stream like a charm. Now all I need to do is to figure
out how to interpret this into XP`s firewall. Thanks

Ben

Le vendredi 03 juin 2005 à 13:47 +0200, Benedek Frank a écrit :

> On Friday 03 June 2005 13:35, Damien Sandras wrote:

> > > One netmeeting is over in Japan that I tried to call, and it has a DMZ
> > > (crazily unsafe) forwarding to it, so it is wide open . BUt of course
> > > there still is a Windows SP2 firewall. What ports do I need to pay
> > > attention with that?
> > >
> > > One more netmeeting is on my private LAN, but again, protected with SP2
> > > firewall, same scenerrio.
> >
> > Netmeeting is opening totally random ports, so it is impossible to open
> > a few ports only like with netmeeting.
>
> Hi
>
> Yes you were totally right. When I disabled the firewall on the netmeeting,
> the video started to stream like a charm. Now all I need to do is to figure
> out how to interpret this into XP`s firewall. Thanks

No problem :)