Supports SILK codec on Ekiga

Anh Cao
Hi,

I'm a newbee here and I see that Ekiga curently supports SILK codec. But when I go to Preferences\Audio\Codec , I do not see it is here.
Could anybody please help me what is the real SILK codec in the codec list of Ekiga?

Thanks a lot,
Anh Cao

Re: Supports SILK codec on Ekiga

Eugen Dedu-2
On 29/03/17 10:20, Anh Cao wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm a newbee here and I see that Ekiga curently supports SILK codec. But
> when I go to Preferences\Audio\Codec , I do not see it is here.
> Could anybody please help me what is the real SILK codec in the codec list
> of Ekiga?

What version of Ekiga are you using?  In version 4.0 it should be there.
  Perhaps opal package has not been built with it.  Do you use windows
or linux (which distribution)?

Re: Supports SILK codec on Ekiga

Eugen Dedu-2
I wrote the following lines for Windows build at that time:

# disable silk non-free codec
confopal := $(confflags) --disable-t38 --disable-fax --disable-silk

So it is disabled in Windows executable...

Kind regards,
Eugen
http://eugen.dedu.free.fr

On 29/03/17 11:05, Anh Cao wrote:

> I'm using 4.0.2 version on Windows. Is SILK only available on Linux?
>
> Thanks.
>
> On Mar 29, 2017 09:59, "Eugen Dedu" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> On 29/03/17 10:20, Anh Cao wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm a newbee here and I see that Ekiga curently supports SILK codec. But
>> when I go to Preferences\Audio\Codec , I do not see it is here.
>> Could anybody please help me what is the real SILK codec in the codec list
>> of Ekiga?
>>

> What version of Ekiga are you using?  In version 4.0 it should be there.
> Perhaps opal package has not been built with it.  Do you use windows or
> linux (which distribution)?

Re: Supports SILK codec on Ekiga

Anh Cao
Hi Eugen,

Does Linux version support SILK?
I tried to install on Ubuntu but there is 3.3 version.

Thanks and regards,
Anh Cao

On 29/03/17 10:20, Anh Cao wrote:

Hi,

I'm a newbee here and I see that Ekiga curently supports SILK codec. But
when I go to Preferences\Audio\Codec , I do not see it is here.
Could anybody please help me what is the real SILK codec in the codec list
of Ekiga?

What version of Ekiga are you using?  In version 4.0 it should be there.
Perhaps opal package has not been built with it.  Do you use windows or
linux (which distribution)?

Re: Supports SILK codec on Ekiga

Eugen Dedu-2
Hi Anh,

You need Ekiga 4.0.  I think that silk is automatically installed.  On
debian, silk is present, cf.
https://buildd.debian.org/status/fetch.php?pkg=opal&arch=arm64&ver=3.10.10%7Edfsg2-2%2Bb2&stamp=1488844674&raw=0.

Eugen

On 29/03/17 15:13, Anh Cao wrote:

> Hi Eugen,
>
> Does Linux version support SILK?
> I tried to install on Ubuntu but there is 3.3 version.
>
> Thanks and regards,
> Anh Cao
>
> On Mar 29, 2017 10:58, "Eugen Dedu" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I wrote the following lines for Windows build at that time:
>
> # disable silk non-free codec
> confopal := $(confflags) --disable-t38 --disable-fax --disable-silk
>
> So it is disabled in Windows executable...
>
> Kind regards,
> Eugen
> http://eugen.dedu.free.fr
>

> On 29/03/17 11:05, Anh Cao wrote:
>
>> I'm using 4.0.2 version on Windows. Is SILK only available on Linux?
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> On Mar 29, 2017 09:59, "Eugen Dedu" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> On 29/03/17 10:20, Anh Cao wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I'm a newbee here and I see that Ekiga curently supports SILK codec. But
>>> when I go to Preferences\Audio\Codec , I do not see it is here.
>>> Could anybody please help me what is the real SILK codec in the codec list
>>> of Ekiga?
>>>

>> What version of Ekiga are you using?  In version 4.0 it should be there.
>> Perhaps opal package has not been built with it.  Do you use windows or
>> linux (which distribution)?

Re: Supports SILK codec on Ekiga

Anh Cao
Hi Eugen,

I installed 4.0.1 version on my Ubuntu but can not start because of error:
"error while loading shared libraries: libopal.so.3.10.10: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"

Could you please help me on this error ?

Thanks,
Anh Cao

On 29/03/17 10:20, Anh Cao wrote:

Hi,

I'm a newbee here and I see that Ekiga curently supports SILK codec. But
when I go to Preferences\Audio\Codec , I do not see it is here.
Could anybody please help me what is the real SILK codec in the codec list
of Ekiga?

What version of Ekiga are you using?  In version 4.0 it should be there.
Perhaps opal package has not been built with it.  Do you use windows or
linux (which distribution)?

Re: Supports SILK codec on Ekiga

Eugen Dedu-2
You have to install also opal 3.10.10 package, I am surprised that it
has not taken it.  What version of opal do you have?

On 29/03/17 17:19, Anh Cao wrote:

> Hi Eugen,
>
> I installed 4.0.1 version on my Ubuntu but can not start because of error:
> "error while loading shared libraries: libopal.so.3.10.10: cannot open
> shared object file: No such file or directory"
>
> Could you please help me on this error ?
>
> Thanks,
> Anh Cao
>
> On Mar 29, 2017 14:20, "Eugen Dedu" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Anh,
>
> You need Ekiga 4.0.  I think that silk is automatically installed.  On
> debian, silk is present, cf. https://buildd.debian.org/stat
> us/fetch.php?pkg=opal&arch=arm64&ver=3.10.10%7Edfsg2-2%
> 2Bb2&stamp=1488844674&raw=0.
>
> Eugen
>

> On 29/03/17 15:13, Anh Cao wrote:
>
>> Hi Eugen,
>>
>> Does Linux version support SILK?
>> I tried to install on Ubuntu but there is 3.3 version.
>>
>> Thanks and regards,
>> Anh Cao
>>
>> On Mar 29, 2017 10:58, "Eugen Dedu" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> I wrote the following lines for Windows build at that time:
>>
>> # disable silk non-free codec
>> confopal := $(confflags) --disable-t38 --disable-fax --disable-silk
>>
>> So it is disabled in Windows executable...
>>
>> Kind regards,
>> Eugen
>> http://eugen.dedu.free.fr
>>

>> On 29/03/17 11:05, Anh Cao wrote:
>>
>> I'm using 4.0.2 version on Windows. Is SILK only available on Linux?
>>>
>>> Thanks.
>>>
>>> On Mar 29, 2017 09:59, "Eugen Dedu" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> On 29/03/17 10:20, Anh Cao wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,

>>> Perhaps opal package has not been built with it.  Do you use windows or
>>> linux (which distribution)?

Re: Supports SILK codec on Ekiga

Anh Cao
Hi Eugen,

Sorry for late replying.
I had installed libopal-3.10.10 but it was broken. I just reinstalled it and Ekiga is running now.
Thanks alot. I am very appreciated your great support.

Thanks again,
Anh Cao