Suggested hardware?

Ekiga General mailing list
I have installed Ekiga and started reading the docs.  I was wondering if there are suggested headsets, cameras, microphones, etc. and other non-computing hardware?  Items that are known to work well on a Linux computer?  Over the next month I want to get a system fully setup for telephone use, video calls, and video conferences.

My understanding is that some of the features require a PBX, but I don't think that is installed by default.  Am I correct on this?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.