Setting up GnomeMeeting for DSL networks

Setting up GnomeMeeting for DSL networks

Enrique Arizón
 Hello, sorry first if my doubt has already been
posted.

 I'm trying to use GnomeMeeting through DSL networks.
Since DSL uses ATM internally and ATM used
fixed-lenght 48 bytes packets I would like to
configure GnomeMeeting to send "sort" 48 bytes UDP
packets and about potential problems
(http://www.linux.com/howtos/ADSL-Bandwidth-Management-HOWTO/implementation.shtml)

Is it possible to do so?.

 Thanks!

Re: Setting up GnomeMeeting for DSL networks

Peter Robinson
>  Hello, sorry first if my doubt has already been
> posted.
>
>  I'm trying to use GnomeMeeting through DSL networks.
> Since DSL uses ATM internally and ATM used
> fixed-lenght 48 bytes packets I would like to
> configure GnomeMeeting to send "sort" 48 bytes UDP
> packets and about potential problems
> (http://www.linux.com/howtos/ADSL-Bandwidth-Management-HOWTO/implementation.shtml)
>

> Is it possible to do so?.

Yep I think so but some of the opal/gm heavy weights would be better
answering that. You'd actually probably need something smaller than 48
bytes as you need to take into account the IP/UDP/RTP packet headers
as well.

Peter