Security Check Failed

Chris @ Willows Consulting Ltd.
Hi Guys,

I am using Windows, but I am getting "Security Check Failed" when I am trying to call out from PC to phone with sip:$number. Can somebody help??

Regards,
Chris.

Re: Security Check Failed

Eugen Dedu-2
On 08/12/16 17:05, Chris @ Willows Consulting Ltd. wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>

> I am using Windows, but I am getting "Security Check Failed" when I am
> trying to call out from PC to phone with sip:$number. Can somebody help??

It means you have not registered, or you have disabled Network Detection
in Preferences.  We have had several cases like this on the mailing list.

Cheers,

Re: Security Check Failed

Chris @ Willows Consulting Ltd.
Hi Eugen,

Thanks for the fast follow-up. Unfortunately:
* the checkbox "Enable network detection" is checked
* I am properly registered in the SIP account: I have the green icon
status for it.

I am using version 4.0.2 on Windows 10.

Regards,
Chris.

Re: Security Check Failed

Chris @ Willows Consulting Ltd.
Hi again,

In regards to the SIP call string I have tried everything:
sip:00COUNTRY_CODE_NUMBER
sip:COUNTRY_CODE_NUMBER
sip:NUMBER
sip:[hidden email]
sip:[hidden email]
sip:[hidden email]

Regards,
Chris.

Re: Security Check Failed

On 08/12/16 17:53, Chris @ Willows Consulting Ltd. wrote:
> Hi Eugen,
>

> Thanks for the fast follow-up. Unfortunately:
> * the checkbox "Enable network detection" is checked
> * I am properly registered in the SIP account: I have the green icon
> status for it.

Try also with the checkbox disabled, and restart Ekiga.

> I am using version 4.0.2 on Windows 10.

It should be fine.

Re: Security Check Failed

Chris @ Willows Consulting Ltd.
Hi again Eugen,

I tried without the "Enable network detection" and restarted EKIGA :
same problem :(.
I am connected using LAN. It was working correctly with another
Softphone, so I do not think it is the network. Incoming calls are fine,
only outgoing calls are affected.

Regards,
Chris.

Re: Security Check Failed

Eugen Dedu-2
On 08/12/16 18:04, Chris @ Willows Consulting Ltd. wrote:
> Hi again Eugen,
>

> I tried without the "Enable network detection" and restarted EKIGA :
> same problem :(.
> I am connected using LAN. It was working correctly with another
> Softphone, so I do not think it is the network. Incoming calls are fine,
> only outgoing calls are affected.

I am sorry, I do not know what happens.  You could try sending me the -d
4 log, perhaps I see semething, see the wiki for sensibel information
inside.

Re: Security Check Failed

Chris @ Willows Consulting Ltd.
Where are the logs located in Windows ?...
I can also take a screenshot of the message but I doubt it will be of
any help.

Regards,
Chris.

Re: Security Check Failed

Eugen Dedu-2
On 08/12/16 18:30, Chris @ Willows Consulting Ltd. wrote:
> Where are the logs located in Windows ?...
> I can also take a screenshot of the message but I doubt it will be of
> any help.

Here it is:
http://wiki.ekiga.org/index.php/Debugging_Ekiga#How_to_get_a_debug_output_2

Re: Security Check Failed

Chris @ Willows Consulting Ltd.
Good morning Eugen,

Please see attached the ZIPped log file, archive password is EKIGA. If
you don't get it from the Mailing-List I will email it to you directly.

Regards,
Chris.

ekiga-stderr.zip (20K) Download Attachment

Re: ***UNCHECKED*** Re: Security Check Failed

Eugen Dedu-2
On 09/12/16 10:51, Chris @ Willows Consulting Ltd. wrote:
> Good morning Eugen,
>

> Please see attached the ZIPped log file, archive password is EKIGA. If
> you don't get it from the Mailing-List I will email it to you directly.

I looked at your log.  I see that you receive:

SIP/2.0 401 Unauthorized

1. Are you sure that the passowrd is ok?
2. Try enabling Network detection, restart ekiga and do the same test.

Hope it will work, because otherwise I do not have another idea,

Re: Security Check Failed

Chris @ Willows Consulting Ltd.
Hi again Eugen,

I looked at the log: you can see my call from line 742: it seems it is
trying to create the call with the local/private IP address instead of
the public IP address?.. What is strange is that it was working fine
with another softphone, without STUN.
I have checked the box, see ZIP file attached, same password: EKIGA.
Thanks for the support.

Regards,
Chris.

ekiga-stderr-checked-network_detection.zip (23K) Download Attachment

On 09/12/16 11:14, Chris @ Willows Consulting Ltd. wrote:
> Hi again Eugen,
>

> I looked at the log: you can see my call from line 742: it seems it is
> trying to create the call with the local/private IP address instead of
> the public IP address?.. What is strange is that it was working fine
> with another softphone, without STUN.
> I have checked the box, see ZIP file attached, same password: EKIGA.

I notice that you made the call before registering.  Normally, ekiga
should have prevented you to do this.  Anyway, please wait 10 seconds
before calling (check that you are registered before calling).
Afterwards, send the log again.

Re: Security Check Failed

Chris @ Willows Consulting Ltd.
I have waited to see the "Registered" status on the window. See log
attached. I have added the SIP proxy of the provider too. I can still
see the "SIP/2.0 401 Unauthorized" on line 1025 despite the REGISTER @
line 527 :'(.

Regards,
Chris.

ekiga-stderr.zip (19K) Download Attachment

On 09/12/16 11:27, Chris @ Willows Consulting Ltd. wrote:
> I have waited to see the "Registered" status on the window. See log
> attached. I have added the SIP proxy of the provider too. I can still
> see the "SIP/2.0 401 Unauthorized" on line 1025 despite the REGISTER @
> line 527 :'(.

I see it too.  I am sorry, I do not know why you receive this error.

Re: ***UNCHECKED*** Re: Security Check Failed

Chris @ Willows Consulting Ltd.
OK, thanks, for me there is a bug in the software. Do you know any good
alternative to Ekiga?

Regards,
Chris.

Re: Security Check Failed

Your provider is buggy. Actually, Ekiga is able to handle several accounts at the same time.
To do so, it relies on the "realm". The "realm" is supposed to be unique: both worldwide (not two providers can have the same realm), and from the point of view of the provider (you should have one and only one realm corresponding to the provider SIP "domain").

You can see in the REGISTER response:
SIP/2.0 401 Unauthorized
CSeq: 1 REGISTER
WWW-Authenticate: Digest realm="sip.blueface.com", nonce="WEqHgFhKhlQ42SeHns8yNIV4kvU7BP6j"

And in the INVITE response:
SIP/2.0 401 Unauthorized
CSeq: 1 INVITE
WWW-Authenticate: Digest algorithm=MD5, realm="sip.blueface.ie", nonce="16ed6ca7"

The realm is changing, just like if you had 2 different providers.

Tell them to read the SIP RFCs.

Le vendredi 09 décembre 2016 à 10:27 +0000, Chris @ Willows Consulting Ltd. a écrit :
I have waited to see the "Registered" status on the window. See log
attached. I have added the SIP proxy of the provider too. I can still
see the "SIP/2.0 401 Unauthorized" on line 1025 despite the REGISTER @
line 527 :'(.

Regards,
Chris.
Damien SANDRAS

Ekiga Project
http://www.ekiga.org

Re: Security Check Failed

Chris @ Willows Consulting Ltd.
Hi Damien,

Oh I see: I should have used sip.blueface.ie instead of sip.blueface.com ! Sorry~.

I have just changed to Linphone and it works like a charm~ (with sip.blueface.com). It is actually better for handling calls' transfers:
* Ekiga: transfer to call roughly to another extension: the caller is pushed away to the extension ;
* Linphone: you first call the other extension and you can talk, then transfer the call on hold there!

Thanks for your time. I will now use sip.blueface.ie at all time.

Regards,
Chris.