Re: New user

Cian Mcloughlin
Hello to whom it may concern,

I just joined this Ekiga recently and got debited 20$ or so, and as of yet NOTHING is working. I have registered, got my PINs and all that
I cannot find an FAQ page or a how-to page.

What should I do?

Sorry for my ignorance... but also I don't have the time (nor Internet at the moment) to trawl through the net. Should I ask for a refund?? Or is it money thrown away? Or how can I get it working??

Thanks and best,

Cian McL

--
Cian

Re: New user

I guess you are talking about DiamondCard, the PC-to-Phone stuff ?
They have a support service, but you might simply send a debug 4 output or a link to it so that we get more information about what is not working.

Le lundi 30 novembre 2015 à 15:04 +0100, Cian Mcloughlin a écrit :
[...]

Damien SANDRAS

Ekiga Project
http://www.ekiga.org

Re: New user

John White

On Monday, November 30, 2015 08:28:43 AM John White wrote:

> If you are speaking of diamondcard.us, I have used it for years and it is
> very reliable and inexpensive.  Their support is not all that great.  You
> can try their support, but don't expect much. Best to read google your
> problem and do the research yourself.
>
> On Monday, November 30, 2015 05:13:00 PM Damien Sandras wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I guess you are talking about DiamondCard, the PC-to-Phone stuff ?
> > They have a support service, but you might simply send a debug 4 output
> > or a link to it so that we get more information about what is not
> > working.
> >
> > Le lundi 30 novembre 2015 à 15:04 +0100, Cian Mcloughlin a écrit :
> > > Hello to whom it may concern,
> > >
> > > I just joined this Ekiga recently and got debited 20$ or so, and as
> > > of yet NOTHING is working. I have registered, got my PINs and all
> > > that
> > > I cannot find an FAQ page or a how-to page.
> > >
> > > What should I do?
> > >
> > > Sorry for my ignorance... but also I don't have the time (nor
> > > Internet at the moment) to trawl through the net. Should I ask for a
> > > refund?? Or is it money thrown away? Or how can I get it working??
> > >
> > > Thanks and best,
> > >
> > > Cian McL

Re: New user

Cian Mcloughlin
Thanks guys! We finally got our internet today, so I can look into it... I'll let you know

On Monday, November 30, 2015 08:28:43 AM John White wrote:
> If you are speaking of diamondcard.us, I have used it for years and it is
> very reliable and inexpensive.  Their support is not all that great.  You
> can try their support, but don't expect much. Best to read google your
> problem and do the research yourself.
>
> On Monday, November 30, 2015 05:13:00 PM Damien Sandras wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I guess you are talking about DiamondCard, the PC-to-Phone stuff ?
> > They have a support service, but you might simply send a debug 4 output
> > or a link to it so that we get more information about what is not
> > working.
> >
> > Le lundi 30 novembre 2015 à 15:04 +0100, Cian Mcloughlin a écrit :
> > > Hello to whom it may concern,
> > >
> > > I just joined this Ekiga recently and got debited 20$ or so, and as
> > > of yet NOTHING is working. I have registered, got my PINs and all
> > > that
> > > I cannot find an FAQ page or a how-to page.
> > >
> > > What should I do?
> > >
> > > Sorry for my ignorance... but also I don't have the time (nor
> > > Internet at the moment) to trawl through the net. Should I ask for a
> > > refund?? Or is it money thrown away? Or how can I get it working??
> > >
> > > Thanks and best,
> > >
> > > Cian McL

Cian

Re: New user

Cian Mcloughlin
Hello Gents (and ladies?)

After months of sporadic attempts, I have never got Ekiga to work. I even charged my account 15 USD. As of today the app window opens and immediately crashes, with no error. I just saw on the diamondcard site that my calls to a landline (would) cost  0.28 USD/min, whereas Skype costs 0.09 Eur/min. Why did I bother trying this?
I am not a computer geek and so I don't know how to go about writing stuff in terminals etc etc.... Any suggestions or should I just forget about the wasted 15 USD credit?

Thanks for your patience

Thanks guys! We finally got our internet today, so I can look into it... I'll let you know

On Monday, November 30, 2015 08:28:43 AM John White wrote:
> If you are speaking of diamondcard.us, I have used it for years and it is
> very reliable and inexpensive.  Their support is not all that great.  You
> can try their support, but don't expect much. Best to read google your
> problem and do the research yourself.
>
> On Monday, November 30, 2015 05:13:00 PM Damien Sandras wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I guess you are talking about DiamondCard, the PC-to-Phone stuff ?
> > They have a support service, but you might simply send a debug 4 output
> > or a link to it so that we get more information about what is not
> > working.
> >
> > Le lundi 30 novembre 2015 à 15:04 +0100, Cian Mcloughlin a écrit :
> > > Hello to whom it may concern,
> > >
> > > I just joined this Ekiga recently and got debited 20$ or so, and as
> > > of yet NOTHING is working. I have registered, got my PINs and all
> > > that
> > > I cannot find an FAQ page or a how-to page.
> > >
> > > What should I do?
> > >
> > > Sorry for my ignorance... but also I don't have the time (nor
> > > Internet at the moment) to trawl through the net. Should I ask for a
> > > refund?? Or is it money thrown away? Or how can I get it working??
> > >
> > > Thanks and best,
> > >
> > > Cian McL

Cian

--
Cian

Re: New user

Ed-616
Have you tried using a different VoIP client - I prefer Linphone.

On Sun, Feb 7, 2016 at 9:58 AM, Cian Mcloughlin <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello Gents (and ladies?)
>
> After months of sporadic attempts, I have never got Ekiga to work. I even
> charged my account 15 USD. As of today the app window opens and immediately
> crashes, with no error. I just saw on the diamondcard site that my calls to
> a landline (would) cost  0.28 USD/min, whereas Skype costs 0.09 Eur/min. Why
> did I bother trying this?
> I am not a computer geek and so I don't know how to go about writing stuff
> in terminals etc etc.... Any suggestions or should I just forget about the
> wasted 15 USD credit?
>
> Thanks for your patience

>> Thanks guys! We finally got our internet today, so I can look into it...
>> I'll let you know

>> --
>> Cian
>

> --
> Cian

Re: New user

Cian Mcloughlin
Good man Ed! I'll give it a try now....

Have you tried using a different VoIP client - I prefer Linphone.

On Sun, Feb 7, 2016 at 9:58 AM, Cian Mcloughlin <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hello Gents (and ladies?)
>
> After months of sporadic attempts, I have never got Ekiga to work. I even
> charged my account 15 USD. As of today the app window opens and immediately
> crashes, with no error. I just saw on the diamondcard site that my calls to
> a landline (would) cost  0.28 USD/min, whereas Skype costs 0.09 Eur/min. Why
> did I bother trying this?
> I am not a computer geek and so I don't know how to go about writing stuff
> in terminals etc etc.... Any suggestions or should I just forget about the
> wasted 15 USD credit?
>
> Thanks for your patience

>> Thanks guys! We finally got our internet today, so I can look into it...
>> I'll let you know

>> --
>> Cian
>

> --
> Cian

Cian

Re: New user

Cian Mcloughlin
Ok I got in to Linphone... Just I can't login with my diamond credit. And I don't know how to make any calls, and can't find any "how to"

Cian

--
Cian

Re: New user