Question about Quicknet and GnomemeetingNG

Question about Quicknet and GnomemeetingNG

RazaMetaL | Only The Good Die Young
Hi, greetings from Ecuador - South America.

I´m using gnomemeeting with a PhoneJack PCI from Quicknet. I want to
know if the gnomemeeting ng will be supporting this device?

Linux User: 255902

Re: Question about Quicknet and GnomemeetingNG

Jan Schiefer

Re: Question about Quicknet and GnomemeetingNG

I'm not sure about this yet. It should be supported, but I do not
promise it because there is currently a lack of usable driver under the
2.6 linux kernel.

--
Damien Sandras <[hidden email]>

Re: Question about Quicknet and GnomemeetingNG

RazaMetaL | Only The Good Die Young
Cun

On 6/26/05, Damien Sandras <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm not sure about this yet. It should be supported, but I do not
> promise it because there is currently a lack of usable driver under the
> 2.6 linux kernel.

:S I´m using the gnomemeeting stable version on Ubuntu and Debian, and
using gnomemeeting-snapshot but this not use or give me the option to
use the Quicknet hardware.

The gnomemeeting-snapshopt looks great, with h323 and sip enabled :)
maybe will be better if will be supporting the Quicknet hardware :)

Greetings from Ecuador - South America to all ...

And Damien, contratulations for your marriage for you and your wife.

> Le samedi 25 juin 2005 à 17:20 -0500, RazaMetaL|Only The Good Die Young
> a écrit :
> > Hi, greetings from Ecuador - South America.
> >
> > I´m using gnomemeeting with a PhoneJack PCI from Quicknet. I want to
> > know if the gnomemeeting ng will be supporting this device?
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> --
> Damien Sandras <[hidden email]>

--
Linux User: 255902

Re: Question about Quicknet and GnomemeetingNG

Damien Sandras
Le dimanche 26 juin 2005 à 10:20 -0500, RazaMetaL|Only The Good Die
Young a écrit :

> Cun
>
> On 6/26/05, Damien Sandras <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm not sure about this yet. It should be supported, but I do not
> > promise it because there is currently a lack of usable driver under the
> > 2.6 linux kernel.
> >

> :S I´m using the gnomemeeting stable version on Ubuntu and Debian, and
> using gnomemeeting-snapshot but this not use or give me the option to
> use the Quicknet hardware.
>
> The gnomemeeting-snapshopt looks great, with h323 and sip enabled :)
> maybe will be better if will be supporting the Quicknet hardware :)

Agreed, but quicknet hardware doesn't work with 2.6. I'll try to work on
it.

> Greetings from Ecuador - South America to all ...
>
> And Damien, contratulations for your marriage for you and your wife.

thanks ;)

> > Le samedi 25 juin 2005 à 17:20 -0500, RazaMetaL|Only The Good Die Young
> > a écrit :
> > > Hi, greetings from Ecuador - South America.
> > >
> > > I´m using gnomemeeting with a PhoneJack PCI from Quicknet. I want to
> > > know if the gnomemeeting ng will be supporting this device?
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > >
> > --
> > Damien Sandras <[hidden email]>

--
Damien Sandras <[hidden email]>

Re: Question about Quicknet and GnomemeetingNG

bferrell

Damien Sandras wrote:

> Le dimanche 26 juin 2005 à 10:20 -0500, RazaMetaL|Only The Good Die
> Young a écrit :
>
>>Cun
>>
>>On 6/26/05, Damien Sandras <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>>Hi,
>>>
>>>I'm not sure about this yet. It should be supported, but I do not
>>>promise it because there is currently a lack of usable driver under the
>>>2.6 linux kernel.
>>>

>>:S I´m using the gnomemeeting stable version on Ubuntu and Debian, and
>>using gnomemeeting-snapshot but this not use or give me the option to
>>use the Quicknet hardware.
>>
>>The gnomemeeting-snapshopt looks great, with h323 and sip enabled :)
>>maybe will be better if will be supporting the Quicknet hardware :)
>

> Agreed, but quicknet hardware doesn't work with 2.6. I'll try to work on
> it.

Derek mentioned to me a month or so back someone had gotten nixj to work
under 2.6.  I don't know if that was ever checked into CVS.

>>Greetings from Ecuador - South America to all ...
>>
>>And Damien, contratulations for your marriage for you and your wife.
>>

> thanks ;)

>>>--
>>>Damien Sandras <[hidden email]>

Re: Question about Quicknet and GnomemeetingNG

Dennis Gilmore
Once upon a time Sunday 26 June 2005 2:21 pm, Bruce Ferrell wrote:

> Derek mentioned to me a month or so back someone had gotten nixj to work
> under 2.6.  I don't know if that was ever checked into CVS.
That was me that had it running under 2.6  not sure if Derek submitted it to
cvs.  i had one problem  i havent fixed yet.    and that is the ioctls  that
the driver used worked inconssistently.  i need to learn how to convert the
driver over to sysfs  to have the driver working properlly.  and i havent
dont that yet.  but i did get dial tone a couple of times.  othertimes the
driver wouldnt open the device.

--
Dennis Gilmore  RHCE
<dennis AT ausil DOT us> http://www.ausil.us

On 6/26/05, Dennis Gilmore <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Once upon a time Sunday 26 June 2005 2:21 pm, Bruce Ferrell wrote:
>

> > Derek mentioned to me a month or so back someone had gotten nixj to work
> > under 2.6.  I don't know if that was ever checked into CVS.
> That was me that had it running under 2.6  not sure if Derek submitted it to
> cvs.  i had one problem  i havent fixed yet.    and that is the ioctls  that
> the driver used worked inconssistently.  i need to learn how to convert the
> driver over to sysfs  to have the driver working properlly.  and i havent
> dont that yet.  but i did get dial tone a couple of times.  othertimes the
> driver wouldnt open the device.

I'm using Ubuntulinux with kenerl 2.6 and PhoneJack PCI :

guillermo@razametal:~$ uname -sr
Linux 2.6.10-5-386
guillermo@razametal:~$ lsmod | grep ixj
ixj                   421828  0