Public/Private proxy for Symmetric NAT problem

Public/Private proxy for Symmetric NAT problem

taro-k
Hi. I am facing "Symmetric NAT" problem.

Can anybody tell me a public proxy to avoid this problem?
I tried (sip.)iptel.org(:5060) mentioned in Manual
but it doesn't seem to work.

Or, if no usable public proxy there,
how I can make own proxy for Ekiga?
Any recommended server software?

best regards.  taro

Re: Public/Private proxy for Symmetric NAT problem

Eugen Dedu-2
On 26/02/15 10:46, [hidden email] wrote:
> Hi. I am facing "Symmetric NAT" problem.
>
> Can anybody tell me a public proxy to avoid this problem?
> I tried (sip.)iptel.org(:5060) mentioned in Manual
> but it doesn't seem to work.
>
> Or, if no usable public proxy there,

Damien plans to add a proxy sometimes soon, it would be a very useful thing!

> how I can make own proxy for Ekiga?

I think you cannot do it, because you are behind a symmetric nat.  It is
not a matter of software, but a matter of network.  You need a proxy
*outside* your network.

> Any recommended server software?

Re: Public/Private proxy for Symmetric NAT problem

ael-3
On Thu, Feb 26, 2015 at 06:46:33PM +0900, [hidden email] wrote:
> Hi. I am facing "Symmetric NAT" problem.

Does that imply that you can't modify the firewall settings?
If you have access, the wiki will give you several ways to allow
you to convert your firewall into a "cone nat" for the ekiga traffic.
The simplest is to forward ports.

ael

Re: Public/Private proxy for Symmetric NAT problem

taro-k
Thanks Eugen,

On 02/26/2015 08:58 PM, Eugen Dedu wrote:

> On 26/02/15 10:46, [hidden email] wrote:
>> Hi. I am facing "Symmetric NAT" problem.
>>
>> Can anybody tell me a public proxy to avoid this problem?
>> I tried (sip.)iptel.org(:5060) mentioned in Manual
>> but it doesn't seem to work.
>>
>> Or, if no usable public proxy there,
>
> Damien plans to add a proxy sometimes soon, it would be a very useful
> thing!

Wow, cool. I really look forward it.

>> how I can make own proxy for Ekiga?
>
> I think you cannot do it, because you are behind a symmetric nat.  It is
> not a matter of software, but a matter of network.  You need a proxy
> *outside* your network.

Yes, I mean I launch the server outside with global IP.
I am running several servers for other services,
but I am not familiar with SIP or SIP proxy things so far.

>> Any recommended server software?

According to this page,
http://www.opentelecoms.org/use-a-sip-proxy-instead-of-asterisk
the candidate of server software is
repro or Kamailio ?

Taro

Re: Public/Private proxy for Symmetric NAT problem

taro-k
Thank you ael,

for me, it's not impossible but bit difficult,
because the router is under management of apartment company.
Moreover, modification only for me is not enough
because I want to let my family or friends living far from me
without enough knowledge of router.  Taro