Problem making connection

Mark Carroll
I am still trying to have a call work. Both sites are behind NAT with
the recommended ports forwarded, except that, from the caller, UDP 5060
can't be forwarded (though other ports can), so ekiga is configured to
use port 5050 instead, and is compiled with Eugen's hack to not just
give in when symmetric NAT is detected. At the receiver, no incoming
call is ever noticed.

The full log from the caller is at http://pastebin.com/6TzLuiTy and the
full log from the receiver is at http://pastebin.com/b3hwQnAQ - can
anyone see what might help the call to come through?

-- Mark

Re: Problem making connection

Eugen Dedu
On 01/02/14 18:19, Mark Carroll wrote:

> I am still trying to have a call work. Both sites are behind NAT with
> the recommended ports forwarded, except that, from the caller, UDP 5060
> can't be forwarded (though other ports can), so ekiga is configured to
> use port 5050 instead, and is compiled with Eugen's hack to not just
> give in when symmetric NAT is detected. At the receiver, no incoming
> call is ever noticed.
>
> The full log from the caller is at http://pastebin.com/6TzLuiTy and the
> full log from the receiver is at http://pastebin.com/b3hwQnAQ - can
> anyone see what might help the call to come through?

Try removing some codecs on the caller side, because I see this message:

PDU is likely too large (1599 bytes) for UDP datagram.

I am not sure if it solves your issue though.

Re: Problem making connection

Mark Carroll
Is there any other information I should provide to help? I could even
capture packets everywhere but the caller's router's WAN-side.

On 12/02/14 09:59, Mark Carroll wrote:
> Is there any other information I should provide to help? I could even
> capture packets everywhere but the caller's router's WAN-side.

Have you tried checking off some codecs, as I wrote in my previous e-mail?

(Please do not remove text from previous messages, since it helps
understanding the issue.)