Presence Ekiga with Xivo (Asterisk)

Dominique Fournier
Hi !

I try to connect a Ekiga to Xivo. Xivo is a packaged Asterisk with a lot
of integration, and is free, and available on
https://wiki.xivo.fr/index.php/Accueil

The communication between Ekiga and a peer (phone, softphone) is OK, no
problem, but the presence don't work. I can define some contacts
available in the Xivo server, but no way to see if they are free, busy,
out...

Do you have any idea ?

I am using the Ubuntu Ekiga 4.0.1-2

Thanks a lot

Dom

Re: Presence Ekiga with Xivo (Asterisk)

To the best of my knowledge, Xivo is based on Asterisk and Asterisk does not support fully SIP Presence. It is limited to the following telephony states :
- online
- offline
- on the phone

Other advanced statuses that you can see in Xivo are a "local" implementation, and, as such, only work with Xivo software through a custom API.

Le 02/04/14 09:03, Dominique Fournier a écrit :
Hi !

I try to connect a Ekiga to Xivo. Xivo is a packaged Asterisk with a lot of integration, and is free, and available on https://wiki.xivo.fr/index.php/Accueil

The communication between Ekiga and a peer (phone, softphone) is OK, no problem, but the presence don't work. I can define some contacts available in the Xivo server, but no way to see if they are free, busy, out...

Do you have any idea ?

I am using the Ubuntu Ekiga 4.0.1-2

Thanks a lot

Dom

Damien SANDRAS

Ekiga Project
http://www.ekiga.org

Re: Presence Ekiga with Xivo (Asterisk)

Dominique Fournier
OK but I would like to see at least the 3 basics states...

On 02/04/14 09:18, Damien Sandras wrote:

> Hi,
>
> To the best of my knowledge, Xivo is based on Asterisk and Asterisk does
> not support fully SIP Presence. It is limited to the following telephony
> states :
> - online
> - offline
> - on the phone
>
> Other advanced statuses that you can see in Xivo are a "local"
> implementation, and, as such, only work with Xivo software through a
> custom API.
>
> Le 02/04/14 09:03, Dominique Fournier a écrit :
>> Hi !
>>
>> I try to connect a Ekiga to Xivo. Xivo is a packaged Asterisk with a
>> lot of integration, and is free, and available on
>> https://wiki.xivo.fr/index.php/Accueil
>>
>> The communication between Ekiga and a peer (phone, softphone) is OK,
>> no problem, but the presence don't work. I can define some contacts
>> available in the Xivo server, but no way to see if they are free,
>> busy, out...
>>
>> Do you have any idea ?
>>
>> I am using the Ubuntu Ekiga 4.0.1-2
>>
>> Thanks a lot
>>
>> Dom

Re: Presence Ekiga with Xivo (Asterisk)

Dominique Fournier
Yes it is what I have defined

I try with and without @domain, and the phone ring, I can speak, but no
presence...

On 02/04/14 10:56, Damien Sandras wrote:

> This works. You just have to add the contacts to the roster as SIP
> addresses (sip:myextension@mydomain)
>
> Le 02/04/14 09:44, Dominique Fournier a écrit :
>> OK but I would like to see at least the 3 basics states...
>>
>> On 02/04/14 09:18, Damien Sandras wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> To the best of my knowledge, Xivo is based on Asterisk and Asterisk does
>>> not support fully SIP Presence. It is limited to the following telephony
>>> states :
>>> - online
>>> - offline
>>> - on the phone
>>>
>>> Other advanced statuses that you can see in Xivo are a "local"
>>> implementation, and, as such, only work with Xivo software through a
>>> custom API.

Re: Presence Ekiga with Xivo (Asterisk)

Dominique Fournier
Hi Damien

You can see in attachment the ekiga.log with only one user in the roster.

I see just one error concerning a DNS entry missing, but I don't think
it is the problem.

Good luck !

Dom

ekiga.log (125K) Download Attachment

Re: Presence Ekiga with Xivo (Asterisk)

Dominique Fournier
I send to the list the file early but it is blocked to moderation...

On 02/04/14 12:32, Damien Sandras wrote:

> Please define only one contact and have a look at the debug 4 trace.
>

> Le 02/04/14 11:56, Dominique Fournier a écrit :
>> Yes it is what I have defined
>>
>> I try with and without @domain, and the phone ring, I can speak, but
>> no presence...
>>

>> On 02/04/14 10:56, Damien Sandras wrote:
>>> This works. You just have to add the contacts to the roster as SIP
>>> addresses (sip:myextension@mydomain)

Re: Presence Ekiga with Xivo (Asterisk)

Hi Dominique,

I don't see any subscribe attempt from Ekiga, which explains things.

Could you post a screenshot of your contact edition window somewhere (please not the mailing list, preferably an external service).

Damien

Le 02/04/14 12:54, Dominique Fournier a écrit :
[...]

Is it what you want ?

http://upload.grenoble.cnrs.fr/telechargement/sSLWvwl4bs/Ekiga.png

I try with 1001 or [hidden email], and no change.

Dom

On 02/04/14 16:56, Damien Sandras wrote:

> Hi Dominique,
>
> I don't see any subscribe attempt from Ekiga, which explains things.
>
> Could you post a screenshot of your contact edition window somewhere
> (please not the mailing list, preferably an external service).
>
> Damien
>
> Le 02/04/14 12:54, Dominique Fournier a écrit :
>> Hi Damien
>>
>> You can see in attachment the ekiga.log with only one user in the roster.
>>
>> I see just one error concerning a DNS entry missing, but I don't think
>> it is the problem.
>>
>> Good luck !
>>
>> Dom
>>
>> On 02/04/14 12:32, Damien Sandras wrote:
>>> Please define only one contact and have a look at the debug 4 trace.

Re: Presence Ekiga with Xivo (Asterisk)

Damien Sandras
This is what I feared.

"Name" should be the user name, like Dominique Fournier.
"Address" should be the SIP address, ie what you defined as name.

I hope it will work :)

Le 02/04/14 17:03, Dominique Fournier a écrit :
[...]

I try like you propose before sending to the list, and it doesn't work.
I try "1001 TEST" in Name and "sip:[hidden email]" in
Address. I try "sip:1001" in address but it doesn't change anything.

Thanks !

Dom