One-to-One Video and ports

David Woodfall
Has anyone a definitive list of ports to forward in routers and allow
in firewalls for one-to-one video calls?

In gconf I see tcp 30000:30010 and udp 5061:5100.

Are those the only ones we need? It seems when I look around the net
for sip ports that there are conflicting ranges.

Also, I've set my sip listen port to 15060 because of incessant fake
calls on 5060 (kids looking for open PBXs no doubt). Does this mean
that I should also raise those udp 5061:5100 higher too, or will that
not matter?

Thanks

-Dave

Re: One-to-One Video and ports

David Woodfall
On (20/03/14 05:14), Dave Woodfall <[hidden email]> put forth the proposition:

>Has anyone a definitive list of ports to forward in routers and allow
>in firewalls for one-to-one video calls?
>
>In gconf I see tcp 30000:30010 and udp 5061:5100.
>
>Are those the only ones we need? It seems when I look around the net
>for sip ports that there are conflicting ranges.
>
>Also, I've set my sip listen port to 15060 because of incessant fake
>calls on 5060 (kids looking for open PBXs no doubt). Does this mean
>that I should also raise those udp 5061:5100 higher too, or will that
>not matter?

Found this:

http://wiki.ekiga.org/index.php/Manual#Using_Ekiga_with_routers_and_firewalls

Seems to work for audio at least.