Official announcement of Fedora CVS snapshots.

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
12 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Official announcement of Fedora CVS snapshots.

Johnny Strom

Hello all

I have now fixed the last remainimg issues with the snapshot of
Gnomemeeting so now all users of Fedora core 3 can download the CVS
version and test. I will build new snapshots automatically ever night.

The snapshots can be installed in paralell with the old version of
Gnomemeeting you can start the new version by typing:

gnomemeeting-snapshot


The snapshots are avalible at:
http://www.linuxsolutions.fi/~johnny/fedora_core_3/


Thanks

    Johnny

_______________________________________________
Gnomemeeting-devel-list mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gnomemeeting-devel-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Official announcement of Fedora CVS snapshots.

Paul Ionescu
On Sat, 28 May 2005 09:51:33 +0300, Johnny Strom wrote:

>
> Hello all
>
> I have now fixed the last remainimg issues with the snapshot of
> Gnomemeeting so now all users of Fedora core 3 can download the CVS
> version and test. I will build new snapshots automatically ever night.
>
> The snapshots can be installed in paralell with the old version of
> Gnomemeeting you can start the new version by typing:
>
> gnomemeeting-snapshot
>
>
> The snapshots are avalible at:
> http://www.linuxsolutions.fi/~johnny/fedora_core_3/
>


Hi Johnny,

Thank for the snapshots.
I successfully installed them on my FC3 test system (only
gnomemeeting-snapshot, opal, and pwlib).

However, I needed to do the following in order to get it started after
installing:

ln -s /etc/gconf/schemas/gnomemeeting-snapshot.schemas
/etc/gconf/schemas/gnomemeeting.schemas

gnomemeeting-config-tool --install-schemas


_______________________________________________
Gnomemeeting-devel-list mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gnomemeeting-devel-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Official announcement of Fedora CVS snapshots.

Damien Sandras
In reply to this post by Johnny Strom
Hello,

Thanks a lot Johnny!

After GUADEC we will make sure they get mirrored on snapshots. I've seen
Kilian here but not had the opportunity to talk with him yet.



Le samedi 28 mai 2005 à 09:51 +0300, Johnny Strom a écrit :

> Hello all
>
> I have now fixed the last remainimg issues with the snapshot of
> Gnomemeeting so now all users of Fedora core 3 can download the CVS
> version and test. I will build new snapshots automatically ever night.
>
> The snapshots can be installed in paralell with the old version of
> Gnomemeeting you can start the new version by typing:
>
> gnomemeeting-snapshot
>
>
> The snapshots are avalible at:
> http://www.linuxsolutions.fi/~johnny/fedora_core_3/
>
>
> Thanks
>
>     Johnny
>
--
 _      Damien Sandras
(o-     GnomeMeeting: http://www.gnomemeeting.org/
//\     FOSDEM 2005 : http://www.fosdem.org
v_/_    H.323 phone : callto:ils.seconix.com/[hidden email]

_______________________________________________
Gnomemeeting-devel-list mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gnomemeeting-devel-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Re: Official announcement of Fedora CVS snapshots.

Damien Sandras
In reply to this post by Paul Ionescu
Le dimanche 29 mai 2005 à 13:32 +0300, Paul Ionescu a écrit :

> On Sat, 28 May 2005 09:51:33 +0300, Johnny Strom wrote:
> >
> > Hello all
> >
> > I have now fixed the last remainimg issues with the snapshot of
> > Gnomemeeting so now all users of Fedora core 3 can download the CVS
> > version and test. I will build new snapshots automatically ever night.
> >
> > The snapshots can be installed in paralell with the old version of
> > Gnomemeeting you can start the new version by typing:
> >
> > gnomemeeting-snapshot
> >
> >
> > The snapshots are avalible at:
> > http://www.linuxsolutions.fi/~johnny/fedora_core_3/
> >
>
>
> Hi Johnny,
>
> Thank for the snapshots.
> I successfully installed them on my FC3 test system (only
> gnomemeeting-snapshot, opal, and pwlib).
>
> However, I needed to do the following in order to get it started after
> installing:
>
> ln -s /etc/gconf/schemas/gnomemeeting-snapshot.schemas
> /etc/gconf/schemas/gnomemeeting.schemas
>
> gnomemeeting-config-tool --install-schemas
>


That means the package is buggy:
1) it shouldn't been needed
2) it won't work for people with the old gnomemeeting installed in
paralell as the schemas name is the same for different values.

Johnny, can you have a look?

Thanks;


>
> _______________________________________________
> Gnomemeeting-devel-list mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gnomemeeting-devel-list
--
 _      Damien Sandras
(o-     GnomeMeeting: http://www.gnomemeeting.org/
//\     FOSDEM 2005 : http://www.fosdem.org
v_/_    H.323 phone : callto:ils.seconix.com/[hidden email]

_______________________________________________
Gnomemeeting-devel-list mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gnomemeeting-devel-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Re: Official announcement of Fedora CVS snapshots.

Johnny Strom
In reply to this post by Paul Ionescu
Paul Ionescu wrote:

> On Sat, 28 May 2005 09:51:33 +0300, Johnny Strom wrote:
>
>>Hello all
>>
>>I have now fixed the last remainimg issues with the snapshot of
>>Gnomemeeting so now all users of Fedora core 3 can download the CVS
>>version and test. I will build new snapshots automatically ever night.
>>
>>The snapshots can be installed in paralell with the old version of
>>Gnomemeeting you can start the new version by typing:
>>
>>gnomemeeting-snapshot
>>
>>
>>The snapshots are avalible at:
>>http://www.linuxsolutions.fi/~johnny/fedora_core_3/
>>
>
>
>
> Hi Johnny,
>
> Thank for the snapshots.
> I successfully installed them on my FC3 test system (only
> gnomemeeting-snapshot, opal, and pwlib).
>
> However, I needed to do the following in order to get it started after
> installing:
>
> ln -s /etc/gconf/schemas/gnomemeeting-snapshot.schemas
> /etc/gconf/schemas/gnomemeeting.schemas
>
> gnomemeeting-config-tool --install-schemas
>
>

Ok then the bug is still there Gnomemeeting is searching for the
gnomemeeting.schemas schema and not gnomemeeting-snapshot.schemas as it
should I will try to find out why.

I think this it the last issue.

Thanks for testing.

Cheers

    Johnny



> _______________________________________________
> GnomeMeeting-list mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gnomemeeting-list

_______________________________________________
Gnomemeeting-devel-list mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gnomemeeting-devel-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Re: Official announcement of Fedora CVS snapshots.

Dennis Gilmore
In reply to this post by Damien Sandras
Once upon a time Sunday 29 May 2005 6:32 am, Damien Sandras wrote:
Ok  trying a rebuild  of libdc1394  on a FC4 system

 rpmbuild --rebuild libdc1394-1.1.0-1.src.rpm
Installing libdc1394-1.1.0-1.src.rpm
warning: user johnny does not exist - using root
error: Legacy syntax is unsupported: copyright
error: line 4: Unknown tag: Copyright: GPL


Johnny you need to change copyright to license in your spec file.

--
Dennis Gilmore  RHCE  
<dennis AT ausil DOT us> http://www.ausil.us

_______________________________________________
Gnomemeeting-devel-list mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gnomemeeting-devel-list

attachment0 (196 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Re: Official announcement of Fedora CVS snapshots.

Dennis Gilmore
In reply to this post by Damien Sandras
Once upon a time Sunday 29 May 2005 6:43 am, Damien Sandras wrote:
> Le dimanche 29 mai 2005 à 13:32 +0300, Paul Ionescu a écrit :
> > On Sat, 28 May 2005 09:51:33 +0300, Johnny Strom wrote:
> > > Hello all
the packaging is very buggy.  it is not possible to have gnomemeeting and the
snaphot version install at once not only due to the gconf schemas  but also
due to the pwlib-plugins conflicting with the version install in FC4.

>
> That means the package is buggy:
> 1) it shouldn't been needed
> 2) it won't work for people with the old gnomemeeting installed in
> paralell as the schemas name is the same for different values.
>
> Johnny, can you have a look?
>
> Thanks;
>
> > _______________________________________________
> > Gnomemeeting-devel-list mailing list
> > [hidden email]
> > http://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gnomemeeting-devel-list
--
Dennis Gilmore  RHCE  
<dennis AT ausil DOT us> http://www.ausil.us

_______________________________________________
Gnomemeeting-devel-list mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gnomemeeting-devel-list

attachment0 (196 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Re: Official announcement of Fedora CVS snapshots.

Dennis Gilmore
In reply to this post by Damien Sandras
Hi All,  

I have fixed Jonny's spec file so that gnomemeeting does infact build so its
installable side by side with legacy GM.  I still need to fix pwlib  since
the plugins conflict with the version installed with FC4.  I have built and
loaded gnomemeeting from cvs with GCC4  

my rpms can be found at http://www.ausil.us/gnomemeeting/


--
Dennis Gilmore  RHCE  
<dennis AT ausil DOT us> http://www.ausil.us

_______________________________________________
Gnomemeeting-devel-list mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gnomemeeting-devel-list

attachment0 (196 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Re: Official announcement of Fedora CVS snapshots.

Johnny Strom
In reply to this post by Dennis Gilmore
Dennis Gilmore wrote:

> Once upon a time Sunday 29 May 2005 6:32 am, Damien Sandras wrote:
> Ok  trying a rebuild  of libdc1394  on a FC4 system
>
>  rpmbuild --rebuild libdc1394-1.1.0-1.src.rpm
> Installing libdc1394-1.1.0-1.src.rpm
> warning: user johnny does not exist - using root
> error: Legacy syntax is unsupported: copyright
> error: line 4: Unknown tag: Copyright: GPL
>
>
> Johnny you need to change copyright to license in your spec file.
>

Thanks Ill fix it.



>
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> _______________________________________________
> Gnomemeeting-devel-list mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gnomemeeting-devel-list

_______________________________________________
Gnomemeeting-devel-list mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gnomemeeting-devel-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Re: Official announcement of Fedora CVS snapshots.

Johnny Strom
In reply to this post by Dennis Gilmore
Dennis Gilmore wrote:

> Once upon a time Sunday 29 May 2005 6:43 am, Damien Sandras wrote:
>
>>Le dimanche 29 mai 2005 à 13:32 +0300, Paul Ionescu a écrit :
>>
>>>On Sat, 28 May 2005 09:51:33 +0300, Johnny Strom wrote:
>>>
>>>>Hello all
>
> the packaging is very buggy.  it is not possible to have gnomemeeting and the
> snaphot version install at once not only due to the gconf schemas  but also
> due to the pwlib-plugins conflicting with the version install in FC4.
>



>
>>That means the package is buggy:
>>1) it shouldn't been needed
>>2) it won't work for people with the old gnomemeeting installed in
>>paralell as the schemas name is the same for different values.
>>

Yes that is what I was guessing would happen, I have very litte time so
I do not think I can fix this. So the snapshot thing is of no use for
Fedora as I already taught.




>>Johnny, can you have a look?
>>
>>Thanks;
>>
>>
>>>_______________________________________________
>>>Gnomemeeting-devel-list mailing list
>>>[hidden email]
>>>http://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gnomemeeting-devel-list
>
>
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> _______________________________________________
> Gnomemeeting-devel-list mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gnomemeeting-devel-list

_______________________________________________
Gnomemeeting-devel-list mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gnomemeeting-devel-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Re: Official announcement of Fedora CVS snapshots.

Johnny Strom
In reply to this post by Dennis Gilmore
Dennis Gilmore wrote:
> Hi All,  
>
> I have fixed Jonny's spec file so that gnomemeeting does infact build so its
> installable side by side with legacy GM.  I still need to fix pwlib  since
> the plugins conflict with the version installed with FC4.  I have built and
> loaded gnomemeeting from cvs with GCC4  

Ok good I think I take those spec files for next build.




>
> my rpms can be found at http://www.ausil.us/gnomemeeting/
>
>
>
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> _______________________________________________
> Gnomemeeting-devel-list mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gnomemeeting-devel-list

_______________________________________________
Gnomemeeting-devel-list mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gnomemeeting-devel-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Re: Official announcement of Fedora CVS snapshots.

Dennis Gilmore
Once upon a time Monday 30 May 2005 12:32 am, Johnny Strom wrote:

> Dennis Gilmore wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I have fixed Jonny's spec file so that gnomemeeting does infact build so
> > its installable side by side with legacy GM.  I still need to fix pwlib
> > since the plugins conflict with the version installed with FC4.  I have
> > built and loaded gnomemeeting from cvs with GCC4
>
> Ok good I think I take those spec files for next build.
>
> > my rpms can be found at http://www.ausil.us/gnomemeeting/
> >
only issue you may have is howl  i enabled it in my build.  you may have to
disable it for FC3  i dont have a FC3 system to test
--
Dennis Gilmore  RHCE  
<dennis AT ausil DOT us> http://www.ausil.us

_______________________________________________
Gnomemeeting-devel-list mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gnomemeeting-devel-list

attachment0 (196 bytes) Download Attachment