OPAL questions

Julien PUYDT
Hi,

while reading opal's include/opal/transcoders.h, I found some intriguing
things:
* the OpalTranscoder class has SelectFormats, FindIntermediateFormat,
GetDestinationFormats, GetSourceFormats and GetPossibleFormats, which
seem strange since the class is supposed to be for going from a single
source to a single destination ;
* the two methods SelectFormats and FindIntermediateFormat whose
descriptions are very similar, but whose name would imply a very
different use... the first to set something, the second only to query.
* the descriptions of the classes OpalFramedTranscoder and
OpalStreamedTranscoder are very similar too... the names imply different
uses again ;
* the classes Opal_Linear16Mono_PCM and Opal_PCM_Linear16Mono should
perhaps not be declared there: the rest of the file only describes
abstract classes, while those look very specific.

I'll probably ask other stupid questions when I'll read other files ;-)

Snark

Re: OPAL questions

I've not yet used transcoders.h, so unfortunately I can not help you
with that. I can have a look when I come back home from GUADEC.

Le vendredi 27 mai 2005 à 22:19 +0200, Julien PUYDT a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> while reading opal's include/opal/transcoders.h, I found some intriguing
> things:
> * the OpalTranscoder class has SelectFormats, FindIntermediateFormat,
> GetDestinationFormats, GetSourceFormats and GetPossibleFormats, which
> seem strange since the class is supposed to be for going from a single
> source to a single destination ;
> * the two methods SelectFormats and FindIntermediateFormat whose
> descriptions are very similar, but whose name would imply a very
> different use... the first to set something, the second only to query.
> * the descriptions of the classes OpalFramedTranscoder and
> OpalStreamedTranscoder are very similar too... the names imply different
> uses again ;
> * the classes Opal_Linear16Mono_PCM and Opal_PCM_Linear16Mono should
> perhaps not be declared there: the rest of the file only describes
> abstract classes, while those look very specific.
>
> I'll probably ask other stupid questions when I'll read other files ;-)
>
> Snark
 _      Damien Sandras
(o-     GnomeMeeting: http://www.gnomemeeting.org/
//\     FOSDEM 2005 : http://www.fosdem.org
v_/_    H.323 phone : callto:ils.seconix.com/[hidden email]