How to interactively dial numbers

Ekiga General mailing list
Hi

Using Ekiga for a week now and works pretty well (Ubuntu - Ekiga version 4.0.1)
Now I have issues calling companies that require pressing a dialer during phoning. Something like 'please press 1 for support or press two for account information'
That is needed often and I have no idea how to do that in Ekiga (if even possible). I can select the dialer during phoning but it is locked for use (pressing the buttons is not registered)

Hope this makes sense (English is not my mother-tongue) and someone can assist.

Re: How to interactively dial numbers

Ekiga General mailing list
On Wed, Jun 20, 2018 at 04:05:01PM +0200, T. M via ekiga-list wrote:
> Hi
>
> Using Ekiga for a week now and works pretty well (Ubuntu - Ekiga version
> 4.0.1)
> Now I have issues calling companies that require pressing a dialer during
> phoning. Something like 'please press 1 for support or press two for
> account information'

Do you not have the "dialpad"? Probably the 3rd icon/subwindow across
the top? Or it can be selected from the [View] menu.

If by any chance that doesn't work, check that you have
"sent DTMF as: RFC2833" set under preferences: Protocols/SIP settings.

ael

Re: How to interactively dial numbers

Ekiga General mailing list
On Wed, Jun 20, 2018 at 04:05:01PM +0200, T. M via ekiga-list wrote:
> That is needed often and I have no idea how to do that in Ekiga (if even
> possible). I can select the dialer during phoning but it is locked for use
> (pressing the buttons is not registered)

Following on from my previous reply, if you mean by "locked", nothing
seems to happen when you click on the buttons, it is likely to be
that configuration option that I mentioned.

ael

Re: How to interactively dial numbers

Ekiga General mailing list
Configuration option did not help.

I do have the dialpad, can click on the buttons but they do not appear registered in the dialpad during calling. If I am not calling then I can press the buttons and they are registered.

Dialpad is not directly accessible as an option in the call window.