H.323 E164 alias resistrtion

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

H.323 E164 alias resistrtion

Ekiga General mailing list
Hi!

I'm trying to use Ekiga 4.0.2 for Windows in our H.323 environment.

Is there a way to register E.164 alias (number) on the H.323 GK ?
We are using numbers, not a names to integrate H.323 clients with our
videoconferencing and soft PBX.

Name registration on GK works OK.



--
-=AV=-

_______________________________________________
ekiga-list mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/ekiga-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: H.323 E164 alias resistrtion

Damien Sandras
Hi

It should actually work using the gatekeeper account settings...

> Le 17 août 2018 à 21:29, Alexander Voropay via ekiga-list <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
> Hi!
>
> I'm trying to use Ekiga 4.0.2 for Windows in our H.323 environment.
>
> Is there a way to register E.164 alias (number) on the H.323 GK ?
> We are using numbers, not a names to integrate H.323 clients with our
> videoconferencing and soft PBX.
>
> Name registration on GK works OK.
>
>
>
> --
> -=AV=-
> _______________________________________________
> ekiga-list mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/ekiga-list

_______________________________________________
ekiga-list mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/ekiga-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: H.323 E164 alias resistrtion

Ekiga General mailing list
Hi!

There is no E.164 field in the H.323 account registration form:


H.323 endpoind may send _both_ name and number aliases, i,e.
H225 RAS RRQ message 
value RasMessage ::= gatekeeperRequest : 
  { 
    requestSeqNum 1, 
    protocolIdentifier { 0 0 8 2250 0 3 }
    ....
    endpointAlias 
    { 
      h323-ID : "MYNAME", 
      e164 : "123456" 
    } 
  }  


On the well-configured endpoint Gatekeeper should see all aliases, i.e.on
CISCO gatekeeper:
gatekeeper#show gatekeeper endpoint
            GATEKEEPER ENDPOINT REGISTRATION
            ================================
CallSignalAddr   Port   RASSignalAddr   Port   Zone Name   Type   Flags 
--------------   -----  -------------   ----   ---------   ----   ----- 
172.16.13.35     1720   172.16.13.35    50890  gk          VOIP-GW 
    E164-ID: 123456
    H323-ID: MYNAME
   Total number of active registrations = 1




2018-08-18 16:38 GMT+03:00 Damien Sandras <[hidden email]>:
Hi

It should actually work using the gatekeeper account settings...

> Le 17 août 2018 à 21:29, Alexander Voropay via ekiga-list <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
> Hi!
>
> I'm trying to use Ekiga 4.0.2 for Windows in our H.323 environment.
>
> Is there a way to register E.164 alias (number) on the H.323 GK ?
> We are using numbers, not a names to integrate H.323 clients with our
> videoconferencing and soft PBX.
>
> Name registration on GK works OK.
>
>
>
> --
> -=AV=-
> _______________________________________________
> ekiga-list mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/ekiga-list



_______________________________________________
ekiga-list mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/ekiga-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: H.323 E164 alias resistrtion

Willamowius
Hi,

put your E.164 innto the "User" field. Ekiga will auto-detect if its
an H323-ID or E.164 etc.

Regards,
Jan

--
Jan Willamowius, Founder of the GNU Gatekeeper Project
EMail  : [hidden email]
Website: https://www.gnugk.org
Support: https://www.willamowius.com/gnugk-support.html

Relaxed Communications GmbH
Frahmredder 91
22393 Hamburg
Geschäftsführer: Jan Willamowius
HRB 125261 (Amtsgericht Hamburg)
USt-IdNr: DE286003584


Alexander Voropay via ekiga-list wrote:

> Hi!
>
> There is no E.164 field in the H.323 account registration form:
> http://wiki.ekiga.org/index.php/Manual#Add_an_H.323_account
>
>
> H.323 endpoind may send _both_ name and number aliases, i,e.
> H225 RAS RRQ message
> value RasMessage ::= gatekeeperRequest :
>   {
>     requestSeqNum 1,
>     protocolIdentifier { 0 0 8 2250 0 3 }
>     ....
>     endpointAlias
>     {
>       h323-ID : "MYNAME",
>       e164 : "123456"
>     }
>   }
>
>
> On the well-configured endpoint Gatekeeper should see all aliases, i.e.on
> CISCO gatekeeper:
>
> gatekeeper#show gatekeeper endpoint
>             GATEKEEPER ENDPOINT REGISTRATION
>             ================================
> CallSignalAddr   Port   RASSignalAddr   Port   Zone Name   Type   Flags
> --------------   -----  -------------   ----   ---------   ----   -----
> 172.16.13.35     1720   172.16.13.35    50890  gk          VOIP-GW
>     E164-ID: 123456
>     H323-ID: MYNAME
>    Total number of active registrations = 1
>
>
>
>
>
> 2018-08-18 16:38 GMT+03:00 Damien Sandras <[hidden email]>:
>
> > Hi
> >
> > It should actually work using the gatekeeper account settings...
> >  
> > > Le 17 août 2018 à 21:29, Alexander Voropay via ekiga-list <  
> > [hidden email]> a écrit :  
> > >
> > > Hi!
> > >
> > > I'm trying to use Ekiga 4.0.2 for Windows in our H.323 environment.
> > >
> > > Is there a way to register E.164 alias (number) on the H.323 GK ?
> > > We are using numbers, not a names to integrate H.323 clients with our
> > > videoconferencing and soft PBX.
> > >
> > > Name registration on GK works OK.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > --
> > > -=AV=-
> > > _______________________________________________
> > > ekiga-list mailing list
> > > [hidden email]
> > > https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/ekiga-list 
> >
> >  

_______________________________________________
ekiga-list mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/ekiga-list