Gnomemmeting behind another computer : no sound and no video

Gnomemmeting behind another computer : no sound and no video

Amandine-2
Hello,

I'm using Ubuntu hoary (5.04) and gnomemeeting 1.2.1. My computer can go
on the internet thanks to LAN with another computer which owns the
Internet connection, and which is on Windows XP.
To get gnomemeeting working, I had to forward many ports with AnalogX
PortMapper :
- TCP port 1720
- TCP port range [30000-30010]
- UDP port range [5000-5016]
- UDP port range [5020-5023]

It works, as i can receive calls, and chat, but i can hear nothing, and
video doesn't work too. My correspondant doesn't see me and can't hear me.

I don't really understand where's the problem.

If you could help me, i'd be very thankful :)

Amandine

P.S.: Sorry, I'm really confused about my bad english... I'm just french!

Re: Gnomemmeting behind another computer : no sound and no video

Damien Sandras
Hello,

Le vendredi 03 juin 2005 à 09:52 +0200, Amandine a écrit :

> Hello,
>
> I'm using Ubuntu hoary (5.04) and gnomemeeting 1.2.1. My computer can go
> on the internet thanks to LAN with another computer which owns the
> Internet connection, and which is on Windows XP.
> To get gnomemeeting working, I had to forward many ports with AnalogX
> PortMapper :
> - TCP port 1720
> - TCP port range [30000-30010]
> - UDP port range [5000-5016]
> - UDP port range [5020-5023]
>
> It works, as i can receive calls, and chat, but i can hear nothing, and
> video doesn't work too. My correspondant doesn't see me and can't hear me.
>
> I don't really understand where's the problem.
>
> If you could help me, i'd be very thankful :)
>
> Amandine
>
> P.S.: Sorry, I'm really confused about my bad english... I'm just french!

Have you checked the FAQ :
http://www.gnomemeeting.org/index.php?rub=3&pos=0&faqpage=x304.html#AEN306

In which case are you?
--
 _      Damien Sandras
(o-     GnomeMeeting: http://www.gnomemeeting.org/

Re: Gnomemmeting behind another computer : no sound and no video

Amandine-2
Yes, I read the faq 10 times!
My case is not described :
my webcam works with gnomemeeting, the image is correct, people can't see me and i can't see them, my audio works fine, i can hear me during the test without problems, but i can't hear people and they can't hear me, and I'm able to accept calls!

Really thanks if you can help me !
Amandine

Damien Sandras a écrit :
[...]

Daniel Huhardeaux
Amandine a écrit :

Hi Amandine

> Yes, I read the faq 10 times!
> My case is not described :

So in this case what is your setup? Without that we can't help you ;-)

Le vendredi 03 juin 2005 à 10:22 +0200, Amandine a écrit :
> Yes, I read the faq 10 times!
> My case is not described :
> my webcam works with gnomemeeting, the image is correct, people can't
> see me and i can't see them, my audio works fine, i can hear me during
> the test without problems, but i can't hear people and they can't hear
> me, and I'm able to accept calls!

So, are you transmitting video ? What does the history tell?