Ekiga.net directory is blank

Bob Williams-2
Hi,

I've just installed Ekiga on openSUSE Leap 42.2 with KDE Frameworks 5.
I've done a successful echo test so it looks like I've opened the
correct ports in my router and firewall.

When I open the Address Book, the Ekiga.net directory is empty.
Clicking on the Find button with no search string does nothing, but
there is a status bar message saying -1 users found.

Could I have missed some configuration option? Do I need to run an
openldap server?

Many thanks

Bob
--
Bob Williams
   System:  Linux 4.4.49-16-default

Re: Ekiga.net directory is blank [SOLVED]

Bob Williams-2
On Thu, 16 Mar 2017 10:19:58 +0000
Bob Williams <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've just installed Ekiga on openSUSE Leap 42.2 with KDE Frameworks 5.
> I've done a successful echo test so it looks like I've opened the
> correct ports in my router and firewall.
>
> When I open the Address Book, the Ekiga.net directory is empty.
> Clicking on the Find button with no search string does nothing, but
> there is a status bar message saying -1 users found.
>
> Could I have missed some configuration option? Do I need to run an
> openldap server?
>
> Many thanks
>
> Bob
OK, I've found the problem. I had to open the STUN ports 3478, 3479 for
outgoing udp traffic.

Sorry for the noise.

Bob
--
Bob Williams
   System:  Linux 4.4.49-16-default
   Distro:  openSUSE 42.2 (x86_64)
   Desktop: KDE Frameworks: 5.26.0, Qt: 5.6.1 and Plasma: 5.8.2

Re: Ekiga.net directory is blank

The service was down. I restarted it.

Le jeudi 16 mars 2017 à 10:19 +0000, Bob Williams a écrit :
Hi,

I've just installed Ekiga on openSUSE Leap 42.2 with KDE Frameworks 5.
I've done a successful echo test so it looks like I've opened the
correct ports in my router and firewall.

When I open the Address Book, the Ekiga.net directory is empty.
Clicking on the Find button with no search string does nothing, but
there is a status bar message saying -1 users found.

Could I have missed some configuration option? Do I need to run an
openldap server?

Many thanks

Bob
Damien SANDRAS

Ekiga Project
http://www.ekiga.org

Re: Ekiga.net directory is blank

Bob Williams-2
Damien,

Many thanks. Your restart co-incided with my firewall changes, so I
incorrectly thought I'd solved the problem by opening the outgoing STUN
ports.

Ha Ha.

Bob