[Ekiga-devel-list] Status of http://snapshots.seconix.com

Damien Sandras
Hi Kilian,

Can you make a public announcement about the current status of the
builds at http://snapshots.seconix.com ?

(Debian, Sources, Fedora, ...)

Thank you,
--
 _      Damien Sandras
(o-

Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] Status of http://snapshots.seconix.com

Johnny Strom
Damien Sandras wrote:
> Hi Kilian,
>

> Can you make a public announcement about the current status of the
> builds at http://snapshots.seconix.com ?
>
> (Debian, Sources, Fedora, ...)

My build system is offline at the moment, I think I will put upp one
running inside xen soon.

Cheers Johnny

> Thank you,

Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] Status of http://snapshots.seconix.com

Kilian Krause
Hi Damien,

Am Sonntag, den 17.09.2006, 18:11 +0200 schrieb Damien Sandras:
> Can you make a public announcement about the current status of the
> builds at http://snapshots.seconix.com ?
>
> (Debian, Sources, Fedora, ...)

short summary: we're back online with fresh Debian and Ubuntu snaps! ;)

The little longer story for those interested:
http://snapshots.ekiga.net/ (EU-Mirror)
and
http://snapshots.voxgratia.org/ (US-Mirror)
should now both be alive and updated hourly again.
The problem was that due to the lack of snapshots.gnomemeeting.net in
DNS the sync script didn't find the host no more and thus was not able
to sync.
Further, Dapper updates had been queued till today due to the
propagation script was not able to resolve the dependency from within
dapper main as dapper-updates had shipped a newer libpango. This is also
fixed now. Remains the problem with edgy and compilation of
pwlib-cvs[1]. This one is something the MOTU will solve sooner or later
I guess. Quite similarly building right now completes on neither sarge
nor win32 in the snapshot buildd. Whoever feels like throwing decent
patches at me is herewith warmly asked to do so(*). Logs for Sarge build
problems would be along [2] and can be found in the log database for
quite some versions already. The win32 build issues may already be
discussed on the mailinglist and eventually I'll come round to catching
up there too.

Hope everybody with Sid, Etch and Dapper is now happily supported by new
snapshots so that the testing can go on!

--
Best regards,
 Kilian

(*) preferred would be a debian-package of flavour "all" that does the
    cross-compiling by perusing a regular buildd environment. Yes, I
    know it's ugly, so spare us the flames. This mechanism would just
    ease the "packaging" really a lot. ;)
[1]: http://stats.buildserver.net/fetch.php?&pkg=pwlib-cvs&ver=20061006-02-edgy.1&arch=i386&stamp=1160142571&file=log&as=raw
[2]: http://stats.buildserver.net/fetch.php?&pkg=ekiga-cvs&ver=20061007-02-sarge.1&arch=i386&stamp=1160224262&file=log&as=raw

Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] Status of http://snapshots.seconix.com

thomas schorpp
Kilian Krause wrote:

> Hi Damien,
>
> Am Sonntag, den 17.09.2006, 18:11 +0200 schrieb Damien Sandras:
>
>>Can you make a public announcement about the current status of the
>>builds at http://snapshots.seconix.com ?
>>
>>(Debian, Sources, Fedora, ...)
>

> short summary: we're back online with fresh Debian and Ubuntu snaps! ;)
>

> patches at me is herewith warmly asked to do so(*). Logs for Sarge build
> problems would be along [2] and can be found in the log database for

checking for intltool >= 0.33.0... ./configure: line 1: ./intltool-update.in: No such file or directory
./configure: line 1: ./intltool-update.in: No such file or directory
./configure: line 2262: test: : integer expression expected
 found. Your intltool is too old.  You need intltool 0.33.0 or later.
make: *** [config.status] Error 1
Build finished at 20061007-1430
FAILED [dpkg-buildpackage died]
Purging chroot-i386_voip-snapshots-debian-sarge//build/buildd///ekiga-cvs-20061007-02

i know this. whether package-config is broken or we need the links in the source packages.
what to do? provide links?

and reportbug intltool-debian < intltool on sarge?

tom

Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] Status of http://snapshots.seconix.com

Kilian Krause
Hi Tom,

Am Sonntag, den 08.10.2006, 07:48 +0200 schrieb thomas schorpp:

> > patches at me is herewith warmly asked to do so(*). Logs for Sarge build
> > problems would be along [2] and can be found in the log database for
>
> checking for intltool >= 0.33.0... ./configure: line 1: ./intltool-update.in: No such file or directory
> ./configure: line 1: ./intltool-update.in: No such file or directory
> ./configure: line 2262: test: : integer expression expected
>  found. Your intltool is too old.  You need intltool 0.33.0 or later.
> make: *** [config.status] Error 1
> Build finished at 20061007-1430
> FAILED [dpkg-buildpackage died]
> Purging chroot-i386_voip-snapshots-debian-sarge//build/buildd///ekiga-cvs-20061007-02
>
> i know this. whether package-config is broken or we need the links in the source packages.
> what to do? provide links?
As the intltool is probably required in that version (someone please
verify and correct if not), the best would be to either make this
requirement optional or to backport. I guess adding backports.org to the
sarge voip-snapshots sources.list is something that wouldn't hurt too
many users if the list of installed packages is cut down to intltool*,
but yet I dislike to jeopardize the purity of build env for
reproducibility and compatibility. Yet, I guess I can try doing that
later today and see if it gets us any further than this.

> and reportbug intltool-debian < intltool on sarge?

Sarge is closed in terms of versions and long released like that. There
is no point in filing bugs to update packages in a Debian release.

--
Best regards,
 Kilian

Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] Status of http://snapshots.seconix.com

Kilian Krause
Hi again,

regarding sarge backports the story was longer than just the easy fix I
and start to remember why I hadn't done it back then already. Problem is
with intltool updated to a recent version, that configure still stalls
at:
configure: error: Package requirements (gtk+-2.0 >= 2.4.0 gthread-2.0 >=
2.4.0 esound >= 0.2.28 gconf-2.0 >= 2.2.0 libgnome-2.0 >= 2.14.0
libgnomeui-2.0 >= 2.14.0) were not met.

That means, we'd need to backport half of gnome effectively which is
more than I'm willing to maintain over a longer time. If someone really
wants to step up for it and *will* maintain it, please do send me a mail
to ask for instructions. Integration with the buildd is not the problem,
but I guess this will become ugly over time. So, right now, as sad as it
renders me, there will not be any sarge backports of Ekiga and Ekiga-cvs
until this is fixed. (and right now apt-get.org tells me there is no
such archive)

--
Best regards,
 Kilian

Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] Status of http://snapshots.seconix.com

I would say : let's not worry for SARGE then, and concentrate on SID and
ETCH.

Le dimanche 08 octobre 2006 à 12:03 +0200, Kilian Krause a écrit :

> Hi again,
>
> regarding sarge backports the story was longer than just the easy fix I
> and start to remember why I hadn't done it back then already. Problem is
> with intltool updated to a recent version, that configure still stalls
> at:
> configure: error: Package requirements (gtk+-2.0 >= 2.4.0 gthread-2.0 >=
> 2.4.0 esound >= 0.2.28 gconf-2.0 >= 2.2.0 libgnome-2.0 >= 2.14.0
> libgnomeui-2.0 >= 2.14.0) were not met.
> Consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if you
> installed software in a non-standard prefix.
>
> That means, we'd need to backport half of gnome effectively which is
> more than I'm willing to maintain over a longer time. If someone really
> wants to step up for it and *will* maintain it, please do send me a mail
> to ask for instructions. Integration with the buildd is not the problem,
> but I guess this will become ugly over time. So, right now, as sad as it
> renders me, there will not be any sarge backports of Ekiga and Ekiga-cvs
> until this is fixed. (and right now apt-get.org tells me there is no
> such archive)

 _      Damien Sandras
(o-
//\     Ekiga Softphone: http://www.ekiga.org/
v_/_    FOSDEM 2006    : http://www.fosdem.org/
        SIP Phone      : sip:[hidden email]
                         sip:[hidden email]

Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] Status of http://snapshots.seconix.com

Hi Kilian,

1) Welcome back
2) We are all happy you are in good shape
3) Congratulations (you will know why) ;-)

Le samedi 07 octobre 2006 à 23:11 +0200, Kilian Krause a écrit :

> Hi Damien,
>
> Am Sonntag, den 17.09.2006, 18:11 +0200 schrieb Damien Sandras:
> > Can you make a public announcement about the current status of the
> > builds at http://snapshots.seconix.com ?
> >
> > (Debian, Sources, Fedora, ...)
>
> short summary: we're back online with fresh Debian and Ubuntu snaps! ;)
>
> The little longer story for those interested:
> http://snapshots.ekiga.net/ (EU-Mirror)
> and
> http://snapshots.voxgratia.org/ (US-Mirror)
> should now both be alive and updated hourly again.
> The problem was that due to the lack of snapshots.gnomemeeting.net in
> DNS the sync script didn't find the host no more and thus was not able
> to sync.

Ooops.

> Further, Dapper updates had been queued till today due to the
> propagation script was not able to resolve the dependency from within
> dapper main as dapper-updates had shipped a newer libpango. This is also
> fixed now. Remains the problem with edgy and compilation of
> pwlib-cvs[1]. This one is something the MOTU will solve sooner or later
> I guess. Quite similarly building right now completes on neither sarge
> nor win32 in the snapshot buildd. Whoever feels like throwing decent
> patches at me is herewith warmly asked to do so(*). Logs for Sarge build
> problems would be along [2] and can be found in the log database for
> quite some versions already. The win32 build issues may already be
> discussed on the mailinglist and eventually I'll come round to catching
> up there too.
>
> Hope everybody with Sid, Etch and Dapper is now happily supported by new
> snapshots so that the testing can go on!

Thank you!