Ekiga button icons missing in KDE Frameworks 5

Ekiga button icons missing in KDE Frameworks 5

Bob Williams-2
I've recently installed Ekiga from the network:telephony repository. My
system is openSUSE Leap 42.2 with KDE Frameworks 5.

The buttons for the Contact List and the Dial Pad show the broken
document icon (a document with a superimposed red X). How can I make it
find the correct icons?

My theme is Breeze. I've tried changing the GTK2 and GTK3 themes in
System Settings, but nothing helped.

If anyone else has a similar system, I'd welcome suggestions.

Bob
--
Bob Williams
   System:  Linux 4.4.49-16-default

Re: Ekiga button icons missing in KDE Frameworks 5

Eugen Dedu-2
On 17/03/17 16:22, Bob Williams wrote:

> I've recently installed Ekiga from the network:telephony repository. My
> system is openSUSE Leap 42.2 with KDE Frameworks 5.
>
> The buttons for the Contact List and the Dial Pad show the broken
> document icon (a document with a superimposed red X). How can I make it
> find the correct icons?
>
> My theme is Breeze. I've tried changing the GTK2 and GTK3 themes in
> System Settings, but nothing helped.
>
> If anyone else has a similar system, I'd welcome suggestions.

Hi,

I noticed this problem in some cases, I do not remember when.

The only solution I see is to copy in some /usr subdirectory two icons
which will be shown by Ekiga.  Do you really want these two icons fixed
and do you have root access on your machine?

Re: Ekiga button icons missing in KDE Frameworks 5

Bob Williams-2
On Fri, 17 Mar 2017 18:12:53 +0100
Eugen Dedu <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 17/03/17 16:22, Bob Williams wrote:
> > I've recently installed Ekiga from the network:telephony
> > repository. My system is openSUSE Leap 42.2 with KDE Frameworks 5.
> >
> > The buttons for the Contact List and the Dial Pad show the broken
> > document icon (a document with a superimposed red X). How can I
> > make it find the correct icons?
> >
> > My theme is Breeze. I've tried changing the GTK2 and GTK3 themes in
> > System Settings, but nothing helped.
> >
> > If anyone else has a similar system, I'd welcome suggestions.
>
> Hi,
>
> I noticed this problem in some cases, I do not remember when.
>
> The only solution I see is to copy in some /usr subdirectory two
> icons which will be shown by Ekiga.  Do you really want these two
> icons fixed and do you have root access on your machine?

Yes and yes.

On 17/03/17 18:24, Bob Williams wrote:

> On Fri, 17 Mar 2017 18:12:53 +0100
> Eugen Dedu <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> On 17/03/17 16:22, Bob Williams wrote:
>>> I've recently installed Ekiga from the network:telephony
>>> repository. My system is openSUSE Leap 42.2 with KDE Frameworks 5.
>>>
>>> The buttons for the Contact List and the Dial Pad show the broken
>>> document icon (a document with a superimposed red X). How can I
>>> make it find the correct icons?
>>>
>>> My theme is Breeze. I've tried changing the GTK2 and GTK3 themes in
>>> System Settings, but nothing helped.
>>>
>>> If anyone else has a similar system, I'd welcome suggestions.
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I noticed this problem in some cases, I do not remember when.
>>
>> The only solution I see is to copy in some /usr subdirectory two
>> icons which will be shown by Ekiga.  Do you really want these two
>> icons fixed and do you have root access on your machine?
The icons needed by Ekiga are called avatar-default and input-dialpad.
The icon on the left is camera-web, and the last one is
document-open-recent.  On my machine they are at
/usr/share/icons/gnome/24x24/devices/input-dialpad.png for ex.  Assuming
that the icons you see are in the same directory, you can put two
similar png icons in the same directory.

If you have strace installed, another method is to execute:
strace ekiga 2>&1 | grep input-dialpad
and see where Ekiga looks for it, and put in that directory the icons
you want.

For more info, my icons are attached.

Cheers,

aa.png (5K) Download Attachment

Re: Ekiga button icons missing in KDE Frameworks 5 [SOLVED]

Bob Williams-2
On Fri, 17 Mar 2017 18:38:04 +0100
Eugen Dedu <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 17/03/17 18:24, Bob Williams wrote:
> > On Fri, 17 Mar 2017 18:12:53 +0100
> > Eugen Dedu <[hidden email]> wrote:

> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I noticed this problem in some cases, I do not remember when.
> >>
> >> The only solution I see is to copy in some /usr subdirectory two
> >> icons which will be shown by Ekiga.  Do you really want these two
> >> icons fixed and do you have root access on your machine?
>
> The icons needed by Ekiga are called avatar-default and
> input-dialpad. The icon on the left is camera-web, and the last one
> is document-open-recent.  On my machine they are at
> /usr/share/icons/gnome/24x24/devices/input-dialpad.png for ex.
> Assuming that the icons you see are in the same directory, you can
> put two similar png icons in the same directory.
>
> If you have strace installed, another method is to execute:
> strace ekiga 2>&1 | grep input-dialpad
> and see where Ekiga looks for it, and put in that directory the icons
> you want.
>
> For more info, my icons are attached.
>
> Cheers,
Hi Eugen,

Many thanks for your useful advice. In the end, I found the answer was
in System Settings.

Appearance > Colour > Apply colours to non-Qt applications.

Not very intuitive, but it might help someone else who hits the same
problem.

Cheers

Bob