Ekiga SIP client for my Asterisk box - dialing

Ekiga SIP client for my Asterisk box - dialing

mark
Hi, I connected Ekiga to my asterisk server located at IP 10.0.0.2.

To dial a phone number 3105551212 with Ekiga, I must enter:
sip:3105551212@10.0.0.2

I would like to just enter:
3105551212

Likewise, to dial a PBX extension 55, I have to dial:
sip:55@10.0.0.2

It would be nicer to just dial 55.

Is there a way to to do that?

Thanks!
Mark

Re: Ekiga SIP client for my Asterisk box - dialing

Eugen Dedu-2
On 21/09/16 21:54, mark wrote:

> Hi, I connected Ekiga to my asterisk server located at IP 10.0.0.2.
>
> To dial a phone number 3105551212 with Ekiga, I must enter:sip:3105551212@10.0.0.2
>
> I would like to just enter:
> 3105551212
>
> Likewise, to dial a PBX extension 55, I have to dial: sip:55@10.0.0.2
> It would be nicer to just dial 55.
>
> Is there a way to to do that?

Currently, not.  It has already been asked in the mailing list, it is a
useful feature, I would like to work on it, but we are currently
struggling to fix bugs to make a release, and only afterwards we will
think at other features like this one.