Ekiga HD

Majid Sadeghi Alavijeh
DearĀ  All
Is this possible to Encode and decode 720P ?
what should i do to change it ?

--
Best Regards.
Majid Sadeghi Alavijeh

Re: Ekiga HD

Johnny Strom

Hello

We had the idea that by using h264 as codec and have it threaded so
could this be possible,
but I guess there are also things that needs to be done on the  Ekiga
side and not only the codec side.

Se the posting I did here:
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/ekiga-list/2011-August/msg00092.html

Best Johnny

 >Dear  All
 >Is this possible to Encode and decode 720P ?
 >what should i do to change it ?
 >
 >
 >--
 >Best Regards.
 >Majid Sadeghi Alavijeh

Re: Ekiga HD

Eugen Dedu
On 26/08/11 10:42, Majid Sadeghi Alavijeh wrote:
> Dear  All
> Is this possible to Encode and decode 720P ?
> what should i do to change it ?

It is not yet possible.  I am looking into this currently (with Andreas
W., in CC), I have to do some tests, maybe it will work; in this case it
will appear in the next release.

Re: Ekiga HD

Eugen Dedu
On 29/08/11 11:14, jonny strom wrote:

> Hello
>
> We had the idea that by using h264 as codec and have it threaded so
> could this be possible,
> but I guess there are also things that needs to be done on the Ekiga
> side and not only the codec side.

HD has nothing to do with intra-frame threading.  So libav 0.7 does not
help for HD.

> Se the posting I did here:
> http://mail.gnome.org/archives/ekiga-list/2011-August/msg00092.html
>
> Best Johnny
>

>  >Dear All
>  >Is this possible to Encode and decode 720P ?
>  >what should i do to change it ?
>  >
>  >
>  >--
>  >Best Regards.
>  >Majid Sadeghi Alavijeh

Re: Ekiga HD

Andreas Weisker
Am 09/01/2011 04:16 PM, schrieb Eugen Dedu:
> On 26/08/11 10:42, Majid Sadeghi Alavijeh wrote:
>> Dear  All
>> Is this possible to Encode and decode 720P ?
>> what should i do to change it ?
>
> It is not yet possible.  I am looking into this currently (with
> Andreas W., in CC), I have to do some tests, maybe it will work; in
> this case it will appear in the next release.

Hi,

just a little Ping from me. I'am still here and interested on bringing
HD to Ekiga. Unfortunately i had and still have no time to do any
productive work. My little daughter is consuming nearly all of my
ressources and is heavily interested in discouraging me to get any
sleep. ;-)
As soon this will get better, i resume working on HD.

Best regards

Andreas

Re: Ekiga HD

Eugen Dedu
On 12/01/12 00:42, Andreas Weisker wrote:

> Am 09/01/2011 04:16 PM, schrieb Eugen Dedu:
>> On 26/08/11 10:42, Majid Sadeghi Alavijeh wrote:
>>> Dear All
>>> Is this possible to Encode and decode 720P ?
>>> what should i do to change it ?
>>
>> It is not yet possible. I am looking into this currently (with Andreas
>> W., in CC), I have to do some tests, maybe it will work; in this case
>> it will appear in the next release.
>>
> Hi,
>
> just a little Ping from me. I'am still here and interested on bringing
> HD to Ekiga. Unfortunately i had and still have no time to do any
> productive work. My little daughter is consuming nearly all of my
> ressources and is heavily interested in discouraging me to get any
> sleep. ;-)

The same for me!

> As soon this will get better, i resume working on HD.

As far as I noticed, HD works in ekiga (tested with 1024x768 I think),
with the small patch you provided.  I just need to test a bit more and
especially to add only the available resolutions in the combobox in
Preferences, video part.