Ekiga 4.0.1 Debian Jessie - g729

mark
Hi,

Is it possible to add g729 support? If so, how?

Thanks much!

Mark

Re: Ekiga 4.0.1 Debian Jessie - g729

Eugen Dedu-2
On 19/11/16 15:00, mark wrote:
> Hi,
> Is it possible to add g729 support? If so, how?

Support for g729 exists, but it is not enabled it seems.  See
https://sources.debian.net/src/opal/3.10.10%7Edfsg2-2/plugins/audio/VoiceAgeG729/README.txt/

Re: Ekiga 4.0.1 Debian Jessie - g729

mark
Thanks, Eugen.

The readme says "This codec is only available under Windows, although theoretically is would be possible to load the appropriate DLLs under Linux using one of the emulation packages available."

It looks like for Linux this may not be a great choice unless I am misunderstanding?

Linphone has a package bcg729 which works OK for them. Maybe you can consider an option to link this in, perhaps for 5.1?

Thanks much,
Mark

On 19/11/16 15:38, mark wrote:
> Thanks, Eugen.
> The readme says "This codec is only available under Windows, although theoretically is would be possible to load the appropriate DLLs under Linux using one of the emulation packages available."
> It looks like for Linux this may not be a great choice unless I am misunderstanding?

I am sorry, I do not know.  You can ask on opal voip mailing list.

> Linphone has a package bcg729 which works OK for them. Maybe you can consider an option to link this in, perhaps for 5.1?

Anyway, we are not in good shape for next release of ekiga.  All the
developers are too busy, in my opinion we need external help to do the
next release.