Ekiga 3.3.2

Eugen Dedu
Hello everybody,

FYI, a new release will be made very soon.

* Changes in ekiga 3.3.2 (2011-08-22)
** User-visible fixes
- Re-add back H264 and H263+ video plugins
- Fix presence in case of several tuples
- Fix presence when receiving old presentity type without note
- Re-add contact limited compatibility mode for bogus registrars
- Fix leaking the opal account store in the assistant
- Make Enter key in roster (contact list) make a call
- Fix infinite loops in the loudmouth presentity code
- Add mnemonics to buttons in Accounts dialog box
- Fix _dl_close failed assertion at quit
** Distributor-visible changes
- Re-add back H264 and H263+ video plugins
** Windows port fixes
- Various build fixes and dependency updates
** Build fixes
- Fix generation of po translation files
- Fix compilation error with older GTK on GDK_KEY_KP_Enter
- Replace some deprecated symbols in gtk 2.18
- Fix build with -Wl,-z,defs of xcap plugin
- Check for ptlib expat support during configure
** Translation updates
- Updated translations: cs, de, es, fr, sl

Re: Ekiga 3.3.2

Eugen Dedu
On 23/08/11 07:55, jonny strom wrote:
> 2011-08-22 20:38, Eugen Dedu skrev:
>

> Hello
>
> About the H264 codec is it based on latest ffmpeg or libav?

I tested it personnally with libav 0.6.2 and recent libx264 on gnu/linux
and windows and it works.  Is it ok for you?  Win version is based on 0.6.2.

> I am asking since ffmpeg or libav now has frame based threading support
> for H264.
>
> Best Regards Johnny Strom
>

>> Hello everybody,
>>
>> FYI, a new release will be made very soon.
>>
>> * Changes in ekiga 3.3.2 (2011-08-22)
>> ** User-visible fixes
>> - Re-add back H264 and H263+ video plugins
>> - Fix presence in case of several tuples
>> - Fix presence when receiving old presentity type without note
>> - Re-add contact limited compatibility mode for bogus registrars
>> - Fix leaking the opal account store in the assistant
>> - Make Enter key in roster (contact list) make a call
>> - Fix infinite loops in the loudmouth presentity code
>> - Add mnemonics to buttons in Accounts dialog box
>> - Fix _dl_close failed assertion at quit
>> ** Distributor-visible changes
>> - Re-add back H264 and H263+ video plugins
>> ** Windows port fixes
>> - Various build fixes and dependency updates
>> ** Build fixes
>> - Fix generation of po translation files
>> - Fix compilation error with older GTK on GDK_KEY_KP_Enter
>> - Replace some deprecated symbols in gtk 2.18
>> - Fix build with -Wl,-z,defs of xcap plugin
>> - Check for ptlib expat support during configure
>> ** Translation updates
>> - Updated translations: cs, de, es, fr, sl

Re: Ekiga 3.3.2

Johnny Strom
2011-08-23 21:32, Eugen Dedu skrev:

> On 23/08/11 07:55, jonny strom wrote:
>> 2011-08-22 20:38, Eugen Dedu skrev:
>>

>> Hello
>>
>> About the H264 codec is it based on latest ffmpeg or libav?
>
> I tested it personnally with libav 0.6.2 and recent libx264 on
> gnu/linux and windows and it works.  Is it ok for you?  Win version is
> based on 0.6.2.

Hello

According to the libav change log so was frame-level multithreading
introduced in verion 0.7 of libav.

version 0.7:

- E-AC-3 audio encoder
- ac3enc: add channel coupling support
- floating-point sample format support for (E-)AC-3, DCA, AAC, Vorbis decoders
- H.264/MPEG frame-level multithreading
- av_metadata_* functions renamed to av_dict_* and moved to libavutil
- 4:4:4 H.264 decoding support
- 10-bit H.264 optimizations for x86
- bump libswscale for recently reported ABI break

Best Johnny

On 24/08/11 07:33, jonny strom wrote:

> 2011-08-23 21:32, Eugen Dedu skrev:
>> On 23/08/11 07:55, jonny strom wrote:
>>> 2011-08-22 20:38, Eugen Dedu skrev:
>>>

>>> Hello
>>>
>>> About the H264 codec is it based on latest ffmpeg or libav?
>>
>> I tested it personnally with libav 0.6.2 and recent libx264 on
>> gnu/linux and windows and it works. Is it ok for you? Win version is
>> based on 0.6.2.
>>

> Hello
>
> According to the libav change log so was frame-level multithreading
> introduced in verion 0.7 of libav.

Do you wish for windows or linux?  If for windows, I can do another
version myself only in 1-2 weeks.  You can also build it yourself.

2011-08-24 23:15, Eugen Dedu skrev:

> On 24/08/11 07:33, jonny strom wrote:

>>> I tested it personnally with libav 0.6.2 and recent libx264 on
>>> gnu/linux and windows and it works. Is it ok for you? Win version is
>>> based on 0.6.2.
>>>

>> Hello
>>
>> According to the libav change log so was frame-level multithreading
>> introduced in verion 0.7 of libav.
>
> Do you wish for windows or linux?  If for windows, I can do another
> version myself only in 1-2 weeks.  You can also build it yourself.

That sounds great.

If possible for Linux and windows, I could try to build it for Linux myself.

Best Johnny

On 29/08/11 07:58, jonny strom wrote:

> 2011-08-24 23:15, Eugen Dedu skrev:

>>> Hello
>>>
>>> According to the libav change log so was frame-level multithreading
>>> introduced in verion 0.7 of libav.
>>
>> Do you wish for windows or linux? If for windows, I can do another
>> version myself only in 1-2 weeks. You can also build it yourself.
>
> That sounds great.
>
> If possible for Linux and windows, I could try to build it for Linux
> myself.

On linux you just need to install libav 0.7.  On Windows, I have to
build it, I will do it next week probably if really needed, see next e-mail.