Cannot set up ekiga.net account, can never connect to https://ekiga.im/

Ekiga General mailing list
Over a 3 week period now can never connect to https://ekiga.im/, neither thru firefox nor ekiga's Configuration Assistant. Cannot make a call back test, but all hardware is functional using arecord/aplay.

output.txt is but 1 line, thus:
 on Unix Linux (5.3.0-59-generic-x86_64) with PTLib (v2.10.11 (svn:30295)) at 2020/6/19 12:00:28.776

--
Graham Lawrence

Re: Cannot set up ekiga.net account, can never connect to https://ekiga.im/

Stuart D. Gathman
On Fri, 19 Jun 2020, Graham Lawrence via ekiga-list wrote:

> Over a 3 week period now can never connect to https://ekiga.im/, neither
> thru firefox nor ekiga's Configuration Assistant. Cannot make a call back
> test, but all hardware is functional using arecord/aplay.

sip.linphone.org has a functional free SIP service (it's a little tricky
to find where you actually sign up).  It ought to work with ekiga - let us
know if it doesn't.

Re: Cannot set up ekiga.net account, can never connect to https://ekiga.im/

Ekiga General mailing list
Thank you for your help. I have now got a linphone sip account with the following details

Sip identity: *********@sip.linphone.org
Username: *********
Email: *****************
Domain/Proxy: sip.linphone.org

Ekiga's Add SIP Account asks me to
Please update the following fields:

Name:
Registrar:
User:
Authentication user:

Name: Presumably would be my given name, but
Registrar: I haven't got a clue
User: probably my username, but then what is
Authentication user: must be different to User: or only one would be asked for;other than that I don't have a clue.

Please advise, in the words of an old limerick, who does what, and with which, and to whom?