Call window suddenly minimized permanently and in background; can't bring to foreground

Call window suddenly minimized permanently and in background; can't bring to foreground

Michael Gioia
As per subject.
Even without being in an active call.. Just clicking the 'video preview' the 'call window' can't be brought to foreground.
I can see as an active window doing an alt + tab in Microsoft Windows.. but can't come to foreground...

Anyone else seeing this ?

Regards,

Michael Gioia
------
(Mobile) +61 422 071 621
(E-mail) [hidden email]

Re: Call window suddenly minimized permanently and in background; can't bring to foreground

Eugen Dedu-2
On 07/03/17 16:34, Michael Gioia wrote:
> As per subject.
> Even without being in an active call.. Just clicking the 'video preview'
> the 'call window' can't be brought to foreground.
> I can see as an active window doing an alt + tab in Microsoft Windows.. but
> can't come to foreground...
>
> Anyone else seeing this ?

Hello,

I have not seen this, sorry.

Re: Call window suddenly minimized permanently and in background; can't bring to foreground

Tony Moody
Hallo Michael,

I have had something like this happen at least twice. I 'think' that both times it  was due to some sort of update  or a power failure that wrecked the Ekiga configuration.

In my case Ekiga function was restored by copying contents of ekiga.conf (saved backup file) to  C:\Documents and Settings\Admin\Application Data\ekiga.conf  [on an xp]  Thanks Eugen for the instructions.

The first time I had to rebuild Ekiga by filling in the forms again; When it was running, made a backup copy of the ekiga.conf file, renamed with date and status eg : "16-08-07 OK ekiga.conf". It is a good idea to keep a backup of this in a safe place with instructions.

I hope this is clear enough.

OK,
Tony

On 8 Mar 2017 at 2:34, Michael Gioia wrote about :
Subject : [Ekiga-list] Call window suddenly m

As per subject.
Even without being in an active call.. Just clicking the 'video preview' the 'call window' can't be brought to foreground.
I can see as an active window doing an alt + tab in Microsoft Windows.. but can't come to foreground...

Anyone else seeing this ?
Regards,

Michael Gioia
------
(Mobile) +61 422 071 621
(E-mail)

Re: Call window suddenly minimized permanently and in background; can't bring to foreground

Michael Gioia
Amazing... You were dead right.
Delete ekiga.conf .. start from scratch.  All good.
Thankyou so much Tony.

Regards,

Michael Gioia
------
(Mobile) +61 422 071 621
(E-mail) [hidden email]

On Thu, Mar 9, 2017 at 4:46 PM, Tony Moody <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

(Mobile) <a href="tel:0422%20071%20621" value="+61422071621" target="_blank">+61 422 071 621
(E-mail)