Call recording?

John Stegenga

This little app does just what I want – lets me dial a point to point sip call.

But now, how can I record that call (audio recording?)  I’m trying to make some recordings of calls using different codecs to create a comparison.

John

Re: Call recording?

Unfortunately, Ekiga does not allow call recording.
You will have to use software like Asterisk or Freeswitch for that.

Recording soundcard input/output might be the easiest way. I never tried, but you can find some interesting links on the Web:

Le mercredi 09 août 2017 à 14:29 -0400, John Stegenga a écrit :

This little app does just what I want – lets me dial a point to point sip call.

But now, how can I record that call (audio recording?)  I’m trying to make some recordings of calls using different codecs to create a comparison.

John

Damien SANDRAS

Ekiga Project
http://www.ekiga.org

Re: Call recording?

Star Indust
Hi All,

On a SAMSUNG, I am using CSipSimple to access to Ekiga and to Diamond.
CSipSimple, in its "Call Options" has an "Auto record calls" option.

Hope this may help.

Georges

On 10/08/2017 09:27, Damien Sandras wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Unfortunately, Ekiga does not allow call recording.
> You will have to use software like Asterisk or Freeswitch for that.
>
> Recording soundcard input/output might be the easiest way. I never
> tried, but you can find some interesting links on the Web:
> https://askubuntu.com/questions/250073/how-to-record-any-internal-sound-in-and-out-using-ubuntu-and-audacity
>

> Le mercredi 09 août 2017 à 14:29 -0400, John Stegenga a écrit :
>>
>> This little app does just what I want – lets me dial a point to point
>> sip call.
>>
>> But now, how can I record that call (audio recording?)  I’m trying to
>> make some recordings of calls using different codecs to create a
>> comparison.
>>

>> John

> Damien SANDRAS
>
> * Ekiga Project *
> http://www.ekiga.org

Re: Call recording?

Star Indust
Hi All,

One more information : calls are recorded in CSipSimple>records folder
as a .wav file.

On a SAMSUNG, I am using CSipSimple to access to Ekiga and to Diamond.
CSipSimple, in its "Call Options" has an "Auto record calls" option.

Hope this may help.

Georges

On 10/08/2017 09:27, Damien Sandras wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Unfortunately, Ekiga does not allow call recording.
> You will have to use software like Asterisk or Freeswitch for that.
>
> Recording soundcard input/output might be the easiest way. I never
> tried, but you can find some interesting links on the Web:
> https://askubuntu.com/questions/250073/how-to-record-any-internal-sound-in-and-out-using-ubuntu-and-audacity
>

> Le mercredi 09 août 2017 à 14:29 -0400, John Stegenga a écrit :
>>
>> This little app does just what I want – lets me dial a point to point
>> sip call.
>>
>> But now, how can I record that call (audio recording?)  I’m trying to
>> make some recordings of calls using different codecs to create a
>> comparison.
>>

>> John

> Damien SANDRAS
>
> * Ekiga Project *
> http://www.ekiga.org

Re: Call recording?

John Stegenga
Thank you but c-sip does not seem to have amr wideband codex. I will look
again.