[BUG] cvs today (ekiga+libs) broken for landline calls to ekiga

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
33 messages Options
12
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[BUG] cvs today (ekiga+libs) broken for landline calls to ekiga

thomas schorpp
just updated libs (debian sid) and ekiga cvs.

1.
intermittend no audio is send to [hidden email] (3x broken, 1x ok).

2. calls from landline over sipgate.de asterisk, ekiga fails since the cvs update
on accepting the calls and hangs up.
log attached.

y
tom

_______________________________________________
Gnomemeeting-devel-list mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gnomemeeting-devel-list

ekiga-cvs-landlinetoekiga.log.tar.bz2 (6K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [BUG] cvs today (ekiga+libs) broken for landline calls to ekiga

Damien Sandras
Le mardi 07 février 2006 à 23:49 +0100, thomas schorpp a écrit :
> just updated libs (debian sid) and ekiga cvs.
>
> 1.
> intermittend no audio is send to [hidden email] (3x broken, 1x ok).
>
> 2. calls from landline over sipgate.de asterisk, ekiga fails since the cvs update
> on accepting the calls and hangs up.
> log attached.

You have a firewall problem. No packets are received.

Please try debugging further and provide more information. Things are
working well here...
--
 _      Damien Sandras
(o-    
//\     GnomeMeeting: http://www.gnomemeeting.org/
v_/_    FOSDEM 2006 : http://www.fosdem.org
        SIP Phone   : sip:[hidden email]
                      sip:[hidden email]

_______________________________________________
Gnomemeeting-devel-list mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gnomemeeting-devel-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [BUG] cvs today (ekiga+libs) broken for landline calls to ekiga

thomas schorpp
Damien Sandras wrote:

> Le mardi 07 février 2006 à 23:49 +0100, thomas schorpp a écrit :
>
>>just updated libs (debian sid) and ekiga cvs.
>>
>>1.
>>intermittend no audio is send to [hidden email] (3x broken, 1x ok).
>>
>>2. calls from landline over sipgate.de asterisk, ekiga fails since the cvs update
>>on accepting the calls and hangs up.
>>log attached.
>
>
> You have a firewall problem. No packets are received.


iptables -v -L says ok but i reboot the gateway
to be sure its not a 2.6.15 iptables problem:

tom3:~# reboot

iptraf says ok too.

>
> Please try debugging further and provide more information. Things are
> working well here...

where? in pwlib?

1. calls from landline over sipgate.de asterisk:

PCMA must be in first order of codec list,
since pwlib-cvs snapshot 2/7/06 ekiga error in codec handshake, ekiga tries speex
but sipgate asterisk uses PCMA. the landline phone rings 4e4 and ekiga is in a sort of loop state then,
the fallback or handshake retry, if any, doesnt work anymore.

2. sip:[hidden email]:

2x ok , 1x no audio is sent out to echo test server.

cause identified: usb audio device of aiptek dv 3500 camera.

it seems i have one more dying usb-brigde in the aiptek 3500dv camera (usb mike).
+ the usb video crashes the kernel with the spca50x driver spuriously recently.
no one can confirm it's a driver.

the last 2 years 3(!) permanently attached usb devices died here, every device within a year.
2 aiptek 1.3mega digicams and 1 megaworld x8-38u (budget saitek) joystick :(
power supply is ok (voltage, current, noise). 2 different usb mb hostchip manufacturers used in 2 years.
cabling crosscheck'd.

wether some usb brigde-chip manufacturers have serious quality problems or the linux
usb driver causes this degradation somehow. lately i had to rma a cheap pcmcia usb controller
(usb never worked from the start).

so i warn here and recommend everyone to only plug in cheap usb devices if theyre needed.
permanent inplug seems possibly to damage them or they degrade at use within months.
more expensive devices like canon scanners and printers i got here
do not have this problem. either not the old creative webcam go i use know.

y
tom


_______________________________________________
Gnomemeeting-devel-list mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gnomemeeting-devel-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [BUG] cvs today (ekiga+libs) broken for landline calls to ekiga

Damien Sandras
>
> 1. calls from landline over sipgate.de asterisk:
>
> PCMA must be in first order of codec list,
> since pwlib-cvs snapshot 2/7/06 ekiga error in codec handshake, ekiga
> tries speex
> but sipgate asterisk uses PCMA. the landline phone rings 4e4 and ekiga is
> in a sort of loop state then,
> the fallback or handshake retry, if any, doesnt work anymore.
>

I don't understand this. Please provide a -d 4 output of the problem
because that shouldn't happen. Actually, perhaps I will also need an
ethereal trace (send me this privately): tcpdump -i eth0 -w outfile.txt -s
1024

> 2. sip:[hidden email]:
>
> 2x ok , 1x no audio is sent out to echo test server.
>
> cause identified: usb audio device of aiptek dv 3500 camera.
>
> it seems i have one more dying usb-brigde in the aiptek 3500dv camera (usb
> mike).
> + the usb video crashes the kernel with the spca50x driver spuriously
> recently.
> no one can confirm it's a driver.
>
> the last 2 years 3(!) permanently attached usb devices died here, every
> device within a year.
> 2 aiptek 1.3mega digicams and 1 megaworld x8-38u (budget saitek) joystick
> :(
> power supply is ok (voltage, current, noise). 2 different usb mb hostchip
> manufacturers used in 2 years.
> cabling crosscheck'd.
>
> wether some usb brigde-chip manufacturers have serious quality problems or
> the linux
> usb driver causes this degradation somehow. lately i had to rma a cheap
> pcmcia usb controller
> (usb never worked from the start).
>

I think it is linux :-/
I have read some bad reports in recent kernels.

> so i warn here and recommend everyone to only plug in cheap usb devices if
> theyre needed.
> permanent inplug seems possibly to damage them or they degrade at use
> within months.
> more expensive devices like canon scanners and printers i got here
> do not have this problem. either not the old creative webcam go i use
> know.
>
> y
> tom
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Gnomemeeting-devel-list mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gnomemeeting-devel-list
>


_______________________________________________
Gnomemeeting-devel-list mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gnomemeeting-devel-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [BUG] cvs today (ekiga+libs) broken for landline calls to ekiga

Damien Sandras
In reply to this post by thomas schorpp
Le jeudi 09 février 2006 à 21:41 +0100, thomas schorpp a écrit :

>
> 1. calls from landline over sipgate.de asterisk:
>
> PCMA must be in first order of codec list,
> since pwlib-cvs snapshot 2/7/06 ekiga error in codec handshake, ekiga tries speex
> but sipgate asterisk uses PCMA. the landline phone rings 4e4 and ekiga is in a sort of loop state then,
> the fallback or handshake retry, if any, doesnt work anymore.
>

Can you send me a -d 4 output for this?
I'm interested to see what happens and fix it this week-end.

I need the -d 4 output with the problem (ie when it tries speex but
sipgate uses PCMA)

Thanks,
--
 _      Damien Sandras
(o-    
//\     GnomeMeeting: http://www.gnomemeeting.org/
v_/_    FOSDEM 2006 : http://www.fosdem.org
        SIP Phone   : sip:[hidden email]
                      sip:[hidden email]

_______________________________________________
Gnomemeeting-devel-list mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gnomemeeting-devel-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [BUG] cvs today (ekiga+libs) broken for landline calls to ekiga

thomas schorpp
Damien Sandras wrote:

> Le jeudi 09 février 2006 à 21:41 +0100, thomas schorpp a écrit :
>
>
>>1. calls from landline over sipgate.de asterisk:
>>
>>PCMA must be in first order of codec list,
>>since pwlib-cvs snapshot 2/7/06 ekiga error in codec handshake, ekiga tries speex
>>but sipgate asterisk uses PCMA. the landline phone rings 4e4 and ekiga is in a sort of loop state then,
>>the fallback or handshake retry, if any, doesnt work anymore.
>>
>
>
> Can you send me a -d 4 output for this?
> I'm interested to see what happens and fix it this week-end.
>
> I need the -d 4 output with the problem (ie when it tries speex but
> sipgate uses PCMA)
>
> Thanks,

ekiga -d 4 > log.txt doesnt work with bash, kde konsole runs out of buffer then.

tip from a old grown unixer would be appreciated.

_______________________________________________
Gnomemeeting-devel-list mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gnomemeeting-devel-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [BUG] cvs today (ekiga+libs) broken for landline calls to ekiga

Jan Schampera
On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 19:28:25 +0100
thomas schorpp <[hidden email]> wrote:

> ekiga -d 4 > log.txt doesnt work with bash, kde konsole runs out of
> buffer then.

It's stderr, thus: 2>log.txt

> tip from a old grown unixer would be appreciated.

Didn't find one, meanwhile take me.

J.

--
"Be liberal in what you accept, and conservative in what you send."
- J. B. Postel, master of the net.
_______________________________________________
Gnomemeeting-devel-list mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gnomemeeting-devel-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [BUG] cvs today (ekiga+libs) broken for landline calls to ekiga

Damien Sandras
In reply to this post by Damien Sandras
Le vendredi 10 février 2006 à 14:17 +0100, Damien Sandras a écrit :

> Le jeudi 09 février 2006 à 21:41 +0100, thomas schorpp a écrit :
>
> >
> > 1. calls from landline over sipgate.de asterisk:
> >
> > PCMA must be in first order of codec list,
> > since pwlib-cvs snapshot 2/7/06 ekiga error in codec handshake, ekiga tries speex
> > but sipgate asterisk uses PCMA. the landline phone rings 4e4 and ekiga is in a sort of loop state then,
> > the fallback or handshake retry, if any, doesnt work anymore.
> >
>

I think I fixed it now. I will commit to CVS in a few minutes.

> Can you send me a -d 4 output for this?
> I'm interested to see what happens and fix it this week-end.
>
> I need the -d 4 output with the problem (ie when it tries speex but
> sipgate uses PCMA)
>
> Thanks,
--
 _      Damien Sandras
(o-    
//\     GnomeMeeting: http://www.gnomemeeting.org/
v_/_    FOSDEM 2006 : http://www.fosdem.org
        SIP Phone   : sip:[hidden email]
                      sip:[hidden email]

_______________________________________________
Gnomemeeting-devel-list mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gnomemeeting-devel-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [BUG] cvs today (ekiga+libs) broken for landline calls to ekiga

thomas schorpp
Damien Sandras wrote:

> Le vendredi 10 février 2006 à 14:17 +0100, Damien Sandras a écrit :
>
>>Le jeudi 09 février 2006 à 21:41 +0100, thomas schorpp a écrit :
>>
>>
>>>1. calls from landline over sipgate.de asterisk:
>>>
>>>PCMA must be in first order of codec list,
>>>since pwlib-cvs snapshot 2/7/06 ekiga error in codec handshake, ekiga tries speex
>>>but sipgate asterisk uses PCMA. the landline phone rings 4e4 and ekiga is in a sort of loop state then,
>>>the fallback or handshake retry, if any, doesnt work anymore.
>>>
>>
>
> I think I fixed it now. I will commit to CVS in a few minutes.

which cvs? ekiga or libs?

cvs update cant get it.

not fixed here 2/10 debian libs snapshots.

on landline call to ekiga speex status message flashs up, then the connection breaks.

but thx for fixing the "bye" to landline. it was broken until 2/10 libs.

   
_______________________________________________
Gnomemeeting-devel-list mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gnomemeeting-devel-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [BUG] cvs today (ekiga+libs) broken for landline calls to ekiga

Damien Sandras
Le samedi 11 février 2006 à 17:26 +0100, thomas schorpp a écrit :

> Damien Sandras wrote:
> > Le vendredi 10 février 2006 à 14:17 +0100, Damien Sandras a écrit :
> >
> >>Le jeudi 09 février 2006 à 21:41 +0100, thomas schorpp a écrit :
> >>
> >>
> >>>1. calls from landline over sipgate.de asterisk:
> >>>
> >>>PCMA must be in first order of codec list,
> >>>since pwlib-cvs snapshot 2/7/06 ekiga error in codec handshake, ekiga tries speex
> >>>but sipgate asterisk uses PCMA. the landline phone rings 4e4 and ekiga is in a sort of loop state then,
> >>>the fallback or handshake retry, if any, doesnt work anymore.
> >>>
> >>
> >
> > I think I fixed it now. I will commit to CVS in a few minutes.
>
> which cvs? ekiga or libs?
>

libs

> cvs update cant get it.
>
> not fixed here 2/10 debian libs snapshots.
>
> on landline call to ekiga speex status message flashs up, then the connection breaks.
>

if the fix I'm talking about didn't work, I will really need a -d 4 output...  
--
 _      Damien Sandras
(o-    
//\     GnomeMeeting: http://www.gnomemeeting.org/
v_/_    FOSDEM 2006 : http://www.fosdem.org
        SIP Phone   : sip:[hidden email]
                      sip:[hidden email]

_______________________________________________
Gnomemeeting-devel-list mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gnomemeeting-devel-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [BUG] cvs today (ekiga+libs) broken for landline calls to ekiga

thomas schorpp
Damien Sandras wrote:

> Le samedi 11 février 2006 à 17:26 +0100, thomas schorpp a écrit :
>
>>Damien Sandras wrote:
>>
>>>Le vendredi 10 février 2006 à 14:17 +0100, Damien Sandras a écrit :
>>>
>>>
>>>>Le jeudi 09 février 2006 à 21:41 +0100, thomas schorpp a écrit :
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>>1. calls from landline over sipgate.de asterisk:
>>>>>
>>>>>PCMA must be in first order of codec list,
>>>>>since pwlib-cvs snapshot 2/7/06 ekiga error in codec handshake, ekiga tries speex
>>>>>but sipgate asterisk uses PCMA. the landline phone rings 4e4 and ekiga is in a sort of loop state then,
>>>>>the fallback or handshake retry, if any, doesnt work anymore.
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>I think I fixed it now. I will commit to CVS in a few minutes.
>>
>>which cvs? ekiga or libs?
>>
>
>
> libs
>

cant get actual debian sid lib snapshots, still 2/10 after apt-get update.

_______________________________________________
Gnomemeeting-devel-list mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gnomemeeting-devel-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [BUG] cvs today (ekiga+libs) broken for landline calls to ekiga

Kilian Krause
Hi Thomas,


> cant get actual debian sid lib snapshots, still 2/10 after apt-get update.

then you're using AMD64? Their archive is broken since a few days and
causes some uninstallable build depends for ekiga-cvs. To nevertheless
ship the i386 and powerpc version, it was forced. It'll be back as soon
as the Debian archive is permitting to build the packs again.

--
Best regards,
 Kilian

_______________________________________________
Gnomemeeting-devel-list mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gnomemeeting-devel-list

signature.asc (196 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [BUG] cvs today (ekiga+libs) broken for landline calls to ekiga

thomas schorpp
Kilian Krause wrote:

> Hi Thomas,
>
>
>
>>cant get actual debian sid lib snapshots, still 2/10 after apt-get update.
>
>
> then you're using AMD64? Their archive is broken since a few days and
> causes some uninstallable build depends for ekiga-cvs. To nevertheless
> ship the i386 and powerpc version, it was forced. It'll be back as soon
> as the Debian archive is permitting to build the packs again.
>

tom1:~# date
Sun Feb 12 15:30:22 CET 2006
tom1:~# apt-get update > /dev/null
tom1:~# apt-get -t unstable install libpt-cvs
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
libpt-cvs is already the newest version.
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 886 not upgraded.
tom1:~# dpkg -l libpt-*
Desired=Unknown/Install/Remove/Purge/Hold
| Status=Not/Installed/Config-files/Unpacked/Failed-config/Half-installed
|/ Err?=(none)/Hold/Reinst-required/X=both-problems (Status,Err: uppercase=bad)
||/ Name            Version         Description
+++-===============-===============-==============================================
ii  libpt-cvs       20060210-01-sid Portable Windows Library
ii  libpt-cvs-dev   20060210-01-sid Portable Windows Library development files
ii  libpt-cvs-plugi 20060210-01-sid PWLib Audio Plugins for ALSA
un  libpt-cvs-plugi <none>          (no description available)
pn  libpt-cvs-plugi <none>          (no description available)
un  libpt-cvs-plugi <none>          (no description available)
pn  libpt-cvs-plugi <none>          (no description available)
ii  libpt-cvs-plugi 20060210-01-sid PWLib Video Plugins for Video4Linux
ii  libpt-cvs-plugi 20060210-01-sid PWLib Video Plugins for Video4Linux2
un  libpt-cvs-plugi <none>          (no description available)
tom1:~#
tom1:~# cat /usr/src/linux/.config |grep CONFIG_MK7=y
CONFIG_MK7=y
tom1:~#
_______________________________________________
Gnomemeeting-devel-list mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gnomemeeting-devel-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [BUG] cvs today (ekiga+libs) broken for landline calls to ekiga

Kilian Krause
Hi Thomas,

> tom1:~# apt-get -t unstable install libpt-cvs
libpt-cvs 20060211-03-sid.2 should be out on the mirrors. Some little
hexing around amd64 seems to have helping in working around the current
problems.

--
Best regards,
 Kilian

_______________________________________________
Gnomemeeting-devel-list mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gnomemeeting-devel-list

signature.asc (196 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [BUG] cvs today (ekiga+libs) broken for landline calls to ekiga - FIXED

thomas schorpp
In reply to this post by Damien Sandras
Damien Sandras wrote:

> Le vendredi 10 février 2006 à 14:17 +0100, Damien Sandras a écrit :
>
>>Le jeudi 09 février 2006 à 21:41 +0100, thomas schorpp a écrit :
>>
>>
>>>1. calls from landline over sipgate.de asterisk:
>>>
>>>PCMA must be in first order of codec list,
>>>since pwlib-cvs snapshot 2/7/06 ekiga error in codec handshake, ekiga tries speex
>>>but sipgate asterisk uses PCMA. the landline phone rings 4e4 and ekiga is in a sort of loop state then,
>>>the fallback or handshake retry, if any, doesnt work anymore.
>>>
>>
>
> I think I fixed it now. I will commit to CVS in a few minutes.

green light again.

great work damien :)

nice evening.

y
tom
_______________________________________________
Gnomemeeting-devel-list mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gnomemeeting-devel-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [BUG] cvs today (ekiga+libs) broken for landline calls to ekiga - FIXED

Damien Sandras
Le dimanche 12 février 2006 à 18:26 +0100, thomas schorpp a écrit :

> Damien Sandras wrote:
> > Le vendredi 10 février 2006 à 14:17 +0100, Damien Sandras a écrit :
> >
> >>Le jeudi 09 février 2006 à 21:41 +0100, thomas schorpp a écrit :
> >>
> >>
> >>>1. calls from landline over sipgate.de asterisk:
> >>>
> >>>PCMA must be in first order of codec list,
> >>>since pwlib-cvs snapshot 2/7/06 ekiga error in codec handshake, ekiga tries speex
> >>>but sipgate asterisk uses PCMA. the landline phone rings 4e4 and ekiga is in a sort of loop state then,
> >>>the fallback or handshake retry, if any, doesnt work anymore.
> >>>
> >>
> >
> > I think I fixed it now. I will commit to CVS in a few minutes.
>
> green light again.
>

Pfiuuu, excellent news!

> great work damien :)
>
> nice evening.
>

Same to you !

> y
> tom
--
 _      Damien Sandras
(o-    
//\     GnomeMeeting: http://www.gnomemeeting.org/
v_/_    FOSDEM 2006 : http://www.fosdem.org
        SIP Phone   : sip:[hidden email]
                      sip:[hidden email]

_______________________________________________
Gnomemeeting-devel-list mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gnomemeeting-devel-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [BUG] significant white noise background if callling from landline over asterisk

thomas schorpp
1.

@kilian:

libs frozen?

tom1:~# dpkg -l libopal-cvs*
Desired=Unknown/Install/Remove/Purge/Hold
| Status=Not/Installed/Config-files/Unpacked/Failed-config/Half-installed
|/ Err?=(none)/Hold/Reinst-required/X=both-problems (Status,Err: uppercase=bad)
||/ Name            Version         Description
+++-===============-===============-==============================================
ii  libopal-cvs     20060215-01-sid Open Phone Abstraction Library - successor of
ii  libopal-cvs-dbg 20060215-01-sid OPAL library debug symbols
ii  libopal-cvs-dev 20060215-01-sid OPAL library header files
tom1:~#
tom1:~# dpkg -l libpt-cvs*
Desired=Unknown/Install/Remove/Purge/Hold
| Status=Not/Installed/Config-files/Unpacked/Failed-config/Half-installed
|/ Err?=(none)/Hold/Reinst-required/X=both-problems (Status,Err: uppercase=bad)
||/ Name            Version         Description
+++-===============-===============-==============================================
ii  libpt-cvs       20060213-02-sid Portable Windows Library
ii  libpt-cvs-dev   20060213-02-sid Portable Windows Library development files
ii  libpt-cvs-plugi 20060213-02-sid PWLib Audio Plugins for ALSA
un  libpt-cvs-plugi <none>          (no description available)
pn  libpt-cvs-plugi <none>          (no description available)
un  libpt-cvs-plugi <none>          (no description available)
pn  libpt-cvs-plugi <none>          (no description available)
ii  libpt-cvs-plugi 20060213-02-sid PWLib Video Plugins for Video4Linux
ii  libpt-cvs-plugi 20060213-02-sid PWLib Video Plugins for Video4Linux2
un  libpt-cvs-plugi <none>          (no description available)
tom1:~#
tom1:~#

Mon Feb 20 15:34:56 CET 2006.

2.

subject.

condition: echocancel set to off

if switched on, noise is gone.

y
tom

_______________________________________________
Gnomemeeting-devel-list mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gnomemeeting-devel-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [BUG] significant white noise background if callling from landline over asterisk

Kilian Krause
Tom,

Am Montag, den 20.02.2006, 15:37 +0100 schrieb thomas schorpp:
> 1.
>
> @kilian:
>
> libs frozen?

no, but PWLib unbuildable at the moment on SID.

> 2.
>
> subject.
>
> condition: echocancel set to off
>
> if switched on, noise is gone.

echocancel seems to have various funny effects. It's new code and from
what I have heard so far, it's quite far from perfect. So disabling it
is probably the safe bet here.

--
Best regards,
 Kilian

_______________________________________________
Gnomemeeting-devel-list mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gnomemeeting-devel-list

signature.asc (196 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [BUG] significant white noise background if callling from landline over asterisk

Damien Sandras
Le lundi 20 février 2006 à 18:37 +0100, Kilian Krause a écrit :

> > 2.
> >
> > subject.
> >
> > condition: echocancel set to off
> >
> > if switched on, noise is gone.
>
> echocancel seems to have various funny effects. It's new code and from
> what I have heard so far, it's quite far from perfect. So disabling it
> is probably the safe bet here.

I was not aware of this. How come the main developer is not aware of
problems in echo cancellation?


--
 _      Damien Sandras
(o-    
//\     Ekiga Softphone: http://www.ekiga.org/
v_/_    FOSDEM 2006    : http://www.fosdem.org/
        SIP Phone      : sip:[hidden email]
                         sip:[hidden email]

_______________________________________________
Gnomemeeting-devel-list mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gnomemeeting-devel-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [BUG] significant white noise background if callling from landline over asterisk

Johnny Strom
Damien Sandras wrote:

> Le lundi 20 février 2006 à 18:37 +0100, Kilian Krause a écrit :
>
>
>>>2.
>>>
>>>subject.
>>>
>>>condition: echocancel set to off
>>>
>>>if switched on, noise is gone.
>>
>>echocancel seems to have various funny effects. It's new code and from
>>what I have heard so far, it's quite far from perfect. So disabling it
>>is probably the safe bet here.
>
>
> I was not aware of this. How come the main developer is not aware of
> problems in echo cancellation?
>
>

Hello

Damien I told you about that the other day on IRC, Lotte and I had
problems with the sound when echo cancel was on.
The sound was breaking up.
But when we disabled echo cancelation so was it fine.
We used speex wideband as codec.

We could test more after fosdem.

When I use sipdiscount so is it working fine with echo cancelation
active so it is not all the time that there are problems with it.

Cheers Johnny




_______________________________________________
Gnomemeeting-devel-list mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gnomemeeting-devel-list
12